Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine/transmission replacement- this should be fun

OP
FiST to death
Thread Starter #41
I'm looking at a built Clarke right now because the one I put in lost reverse somehow (wouldn't engage from the gear selector but could be forced in from under the hood, Ford dealer kept it a month and a half and charged $1200 to replace the shift shift in the Trans that didn't fix it) and the used one I found after that grinds into first and reverse from neutral. 🙄 It's almost like it's hard to find ST transmissions from wrecked cars that weren't abused.... 🤣🤣🤣

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Aren't they UK only? I hate to think what shipping time and cost would be on that if so.
Shipping time is quick, cost is fair - ask me how I know. I'm tempted to buy up their stock of transmissions since they are so reasonably priced. A lot more of our cars overseas that there are in the US.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
It will go up if you use Paypal, but not by a ton. Mine was $1,750 delivered. Transmission was super grubby/grimey on the inside, there was absolutely zero effort to clean it up. They cracked open a trans, installed the Quaife, and closed it up. Take that into consideration.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Yes. Your inside tire won't spin as much. Wait, that's an advantage. LoL Whether it be small sweeping curves, on/off ramps or right turn on red, the inside tire spins momentarily and then grabs. And you GO!
End of story.

"Rotational" mass ....
Okay so like going with heavier tires, there is some trade-off with responsiveness.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Okay so like going with heavier tires, there is some trade-off with responsiveness.
Sorry to be misleading or confusing. I was referring to adding an LSD, with any sized tires on their FiST, tuned or not. Regardless of tire width, height or weight, it applies the power to the wheel that slips. There is no trade-off.

To ME, imho, an LSD is a no-brainer for any FWD performance car. Again, if it's within your budget.

I have driven mine with and w/o the tune. It rocks. I'm glad I spent the money, no regerts (movie reference) and I'd do it again on this or a future car. I don't even know if there are disadvantages to an LSD. I don't care. The pros outweigh the con.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
FiST to death
Thread Starter #50
It will go up if you use Paypal, but not by a ton. Mine was $1,750 delivered. Transmission was super grubby/grimey on the inside, there was absolutely zero effort to clean it up. They cracked open a trans, installed the Quaife, and closed it up. Take that into consideration.
In all honesty, it's hard to find a decent used transmission in the U.S. shipped for a grand, and given that a Quaife goes for about the same plus installing it.... I'd be thrilled to get a usable unit with the LSD in it with no core for that. :)

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
In all honesty, it's hard to find a decent used transmission in the U.S. shipped for a grand, and given that a Quaife goes for about the same plus installing it.... I'd be thrilled to get a usable unit with the LSD in it with no core for that. :)
There are less expensive manufacturers...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk