Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Keyless Entry Issues

Since day one of owning this car the keyless entry has never worked right, and I have taken it in 3 times to my dealership and every time they claim that they “cannot reproduce issues” which is crazy, i have dealt with these issues everyday.

1. The car will randomly alarm and display a warning on the screen “key not in car”

2. the driver, passenger and trunk lock/unlock buttons will not work unless i take the key from my pocket and hold the key right next to the button

3. locking the car is often a chore, i have to hold the key next to button on handle or i have to click the “lock” button on the fob often 20-30 times to get it to lock, and i often have to walk back towards the car, it will not lock if i am more than 15 ft away from the car

Has anyone had this problem or know what part needs replaced? im going to try to call corporate this week as i have to take the car in for the blend door actuator as well and i only have 13,000 miles on the car...

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Do you keep your cell phone in a holder on the dash? That can cause it too, from RF interference. The fob sensor is on the steering column where a normal key would go, and if a cell phone is too close to that it can cause the key not to be sensed.

It can also happen from a weak car battery.

OP
thedraque
Thread Starter #5
Do you keep your cell phone in a holder on the dash? That can cause it too, from RF interference. The fob sensor is on the steering column where a normal key would go, and if a cell phone is too close to that it can cause the key not to be sensed.

It can also happen from a weak car battery.
I keep my phone in my pocket seperate from the key, or plugged in the pocket below the shifter

my car has been getting a bit glitchy lately. sometimes everything unlocks and the car turns on.. sometimes it doesn't until I futz with the unlock button a few times. Sorry man, good luck with the glitch.

There is 3 sensors in the vehicle. One in the rear, one in the center console and one right by the start button in the steering column. Put the key up to either of those spots and see if that makes a difference.

There is an RFA module that can sometimes go bad and cause these issues. Replacement is around $200 plus programming the keys to it.

That could be your issue. They have been known to go bad.

There is 3 sensors in the vehicle. One in the rear, one in the center console and one right by the start button in the steering column. Put the key up to either of those spots and see if that makes a difference.

There is an RFA module that can sometimes go bad and cause these issues. Replacement is around $200 plus programming the keys to it.

That could be your issue. They have been known to go bad.
Thank you, that will help a lot with diagnosing this thing.

Mig8191

Hey boss just curious if you ever got this figured out? Not having any luck with new batteries in key fob or the actual car battery either.