Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ethanol Content Gauge - suggestion and feeler thread

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

A7xogg

I'll try to update you guys as best I can, as well as a rundown on the basics of the pod, if some of you are curious.

The pc board enclosure that I posted previously will be enclosed in a 3D printed "pod". The OLED display will secure to the front face of the pod. A lexan (or similar) faceplate will then adhere over the front face, with the display showing through a clear window. This assembly will then slide into the cubby in front of the shifter, and be held in with a screw in the back. The harness will also exit a hole in the rear of the cubby.

Other updates:

Fuel line and ethanol sensor kits have gone out to some testers, and they have been working great over the last few weeks/months.
Harnesses and displays will go in the test vehicles as soon as the final boards arrive and are assembled.
The pc board will be getting ordered this week with any design changes added, and this will be the final production board.
The graphics for the faceplate is in work, and that should be getting ordered shortly.

For now, I'll leave you all with a photo, showing the attention to detail I am putting into this gauge for you guys!

View attachment 18476
Awesome, keep us updated

OP
J
Thread Starter #85
Is this still happening?
Yes, it is. Just have been very busy lately.

I am completing the harness/power wires, and then I am also just waiting for my front face plate graphic to be finalized. Once that is done, I will be posting up more pics for you guys.
I will also be offing a pre-order sale, for those that are interested and want a jump on the first batch. :)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

I am completing the harness/power wires, and then I am also just waiting for my front face plate graphic to be finalized. Once that is done, I will be posting up more pics for you guys.
I will also be offing a pre-order sale, for those that are interested and want a jump on the first batch. :)
I know I am very interested

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club

I’ll definitely buy one when you’re ready.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’ve completely lost hope haha. This was a great idea but it seems it’s not a priority. I’d love a super simple kit with a basic led I could stick in my glovebox. At this point, if we really want a gauge, I think our best bet is to follow the DIY threads and build our own or test at the pump and estimate volume upon refill.. I do hope this happens though.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
There's a bluetooth analyzer that displays on your phone. I have it bookmarked on my home computer. I'll post the link when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #92
Any update on this?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
There has been a bit of a delay on 2 final parts for assembly. Trust me, it kills me every day that goes by and I do not have this ready for you guys. I've already started purchasing material for 100 kits, so it is 100% happening. I should have pics of the final version very very soon, and there is already a few kits out there being tested (just less the 2 last parts that delayed).

Thanks Jason! Can't wait to see the final product.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is a cool thread that I’m reading for the first time. I’m just trying to figure out the use case beyond looking cool. What’s the tolerance like on an E30 tune? Is 20-40 range that’s acceptable and this will just tell you if you’re in bounds? Are you mean to carry around a 5 gallon container of E85 and top off to adjust?

I think a true flex fuel setup like COBB just put out for Subaru would be better if possible. I’m sure there is some sensor like secondary oxygen we can give up.

XanRules

This is a cool thread that I’m reading for the first time. I’m just trying to figure out the use case beyond looking cool. What’s the tolerance like on an E30 tune? Is 20-40 range that’s acceptable and this will just tell you if you’re in bounds? Are you mean to carry around a 5 gallon container of E85 and top off to adjust?

I think a true flex fuel setup like COBB just put out for Subaru would be better if possible. I’m sure there is some sensor like secondary oxygen we can give up.
I believe there is some tolerance, though it's something I would check with my tuner about if it were me. When I go E30 I intend to keep a container like that in my garage because there is one station in town that sells E30, that station doesn't sell premium, only E30, and we don't pump our own gas in Oregon. Figure it'll be good to have some E30 kicking around just in case.