Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed Fiesta ST180 Ductile Iron Sleeve Liners - Focus Mk3 1.6 EcoBoost

Hello guys,

I have some questions about the Iron sleeves for the Mk7 FIST. Does the option of the closed deck liner in the page mean that they will send the sleeves and the other parts for me to reinforce the block and make it a closed deck? Or is it another thing completely. I have this doubt with the option since I have a 1.6 ecoboost motor that I'm building and I wanna take it to a 450hp+ built and capable motor. Any insight would be appreciated to help me achieve this goal.

Is there any other manufacturer that makes sleeves for the MK7 FIST? Is it required to sleeve the block and make a closed deck to achieve the hp goal or just with sleeving it it's ok? Sorry for all the questions just wanna educate myself to make the right desecion for the start.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
They don’t make anything closed deck. You’d need to buy a closed deck block or send yours to be modified. They’re just saying they offer sleeves for closed deck that’ll be a slightly different height.

To answer your question of is it required? No clue. If I was going for that kind of power I would do CSS, liners, as well as rods, pistons, crank and head studs. But that’s just me. Might as well just buy a MRX or Pumaspeed short block.

OP
Firekoning
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the info!

I don't have the money for the new reinforced block, soo it's just better for me just too put the shims on the small groove between the cylinders sleeve the block and well do the usual, piston, rods, crank and head studs and hope for the best.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the info!

I don't have the money for the new reinforced block, soo it's just better for me just too put the shims on the small groove between the cylinders sleeve the block and well do the usual, piston, rods, crank and head studs and hope for the best.
Whatever you think it's going to cost, double it. Best of luck and keep us posted!