Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ex-Subaru Guy Saying Hello from Portland!

XanRules

Hi all,

After my BRZ was totaled by a drunk driver at the beginning of the month, i started car shopping again - nothing in Subaru's lineup (in my price range) appealed to me anymore despite my having had four in the past (my dad just bought our family's seventh). Keen observers may recognize my handle from NASIOC and other Subaru-adjacent websites.

Anyway, in my price range I narrowed it down to a Honda Fit, a base-model Impreza, and the Fiesta ST. After some quick test drives, the Fiesta ST was the clear winner and not the most expensive of the three.

I picked her up today for an absolute steal. 11 miles on the clock, six of which were from my test drive.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning more about these cars, it's an absolute hoot so far!

Xan

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Thread Starter #3
just under 20 out the door. It's fully loaded - Recaros, moonroof, etc. It had been sitting on the lot for almost five months. I got really lucky.

Business6

Glad you seemingly came out of the drunk driver incident unscathed. Congrats on the Fiesta and, most importantly:

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Thread Starter #5
Thanks, me too! I was parked so I'm fine, but the car, well...

That was the second time it had been hit while parked that week, third in two months.

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Thread Starter #8
The body shop and I are on a first-name basis.

Welcome! Damn good deal. I didn't even know they had a loaded Fiesta ST over there at that particular dealership. Probably would've been mine last month if I did haha

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey welcome!

Great deal and glad you're unhurt.

Your intro thread caught my eye for 2 reasons - (1) Subaru and (2) Avatar.

I'm ex-Subaru also, had a modded XT with all the STi upgrades and custom tune, it was great. But the ST is more fun.

My daughter enjoys a pipe with me, recent pic below. Of course it's never lit but she stuffs it with tobacco and pretends and enjoys the process while I'm smoking. Not sure if your avatar is your kid or not but I like the sentiment.

Hosted on Fotki

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Thread Starter #15
Just for fun I found a picture of my old Subaru (pre-BRZ).

1997 Outback with full WRX Swap (engine, transmission, interior and exterior) frankensteined from about four different cars. 267whp/276tq at 19psi on a stock turbo. Tons of custom work, especially on headlights which I designed (Morette housings with E34 BMW projectors) and exhaust. Just a silly, stupid car. I loved it very much and get the same "this is ridiculous" vibes from the ST.

I think that photo is from 2010. Boy, cell phone cameras have come a long way!

In terms of mods, i'm thinking tint and debadge, then rear motor mount, accessport, intake snorkel mod or velossatech big mouth, intercooler. In that order. Will then probably leave it alone for a good long time. It came with summer tires so my FIRST order of business is a winter wheel setup for the cold.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard.