Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exhaust leak from turbo gaskets, which one?

On startup my car would make a horrible noise and went to get it checked at my ford dealership. They said that it was 3 gaskets that were the cause. I can only think of the gasket between the manifold and the turbo and the one to the downpipe. Am I missing another gasket somewhere? Im planning on doing it myself, I know it's a pain but the quote at the dealership was 1300$ CAD, and im not paying that lol. He also said he would have to change the oil feed line because when you remove it, you have to put in a new one, is this true? Thanks for help.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Head to manifold, manifold to turbo fire ring, turbo to downpipe fire ring. The head to manifold is a two pc gasket, just FYI. It’d be shocking if all 3 failed.

Can’t say first hand on the oil feed but if my reading comprehension is decent, hybrid turbo upgrades reuse the stock ones. My stock turbo came off with it fully intact and I’d be totally comfortable using it again.

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Thats what I thought about the oil line. It's not leaking or anything they just tried to get more money. My car has 62k miles on it, kind of interesting having gaskets changed but whatever, thanks for input.

slopoke

I'd assume they are referring to the manifold to head gasket as the third one. If it's been leaking a while, there should be "soot marks" around the flanges, that should be fairly easy to see by using an inspection mirror.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
I'd assume they are referring to the manifold to head gasket as the third one. If it's been leaking a while, there should be "soot marks" around the flanges, that should be fairly easy to see by using an inspection mirror.
I bought it two months ago and has done it when I bought it. I don't know how long it's been like that. I can check around the manifold to spot those marks thanks