Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Falken Azenis RT660 Coming Soon - RE71R contender?

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
I have 225/45/16 for my 16x8 Autocross wheels in Dunlop ZIII.

I need new tires for my 17x8 summer daily wheels. Thinking hard about these in 215/40/17

I have 225/45/16 for my 16x8 Autocross wheels in Dunlop ZIII.

I need new tires for my 17x8 summer daily wheels. Thinking hard about these in 215/40/17
Baller to have two sets of 200 TW tires. My current 16x8 tires are Dunlop ZIIIs. I really liked them, they lasted MUCH longer than RE-71Rs when street driven. Got 15k+ miles out of them with frequent rotation and a 5th wheel spare. They're pretty much done now, though.

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
Baller to have two sets of 200 TW tires. My current 16x8 tires are Dunlop ZIIIs. I really liked them, they lasted MUCH longer than RE-71Rs when street driven. Got 15k+ miles out of them with frequent rotation and a 5th wheel spare. They're pretty much done now, though.
Common sense got the better of me and I went with 215/40/17 Pirelli P Zero Nero GT for my 17x8 Rotas. Something a little cheaper with better wear characteristics for daily use in the summer. Was able to get them for $450 installed (after rebate) from Discount Tire.

On the topic of the Dunlops, this is my second set of ZIIIs. Had them in 215/40/17 before and got about 15k out of them as well, mostly highway and spirited driving, no events. Love the tire, easy and predictable IMO. Ive been a fan of these since the ZIIs, which I ran on my FiST years ago when I first got it. My set of ZIIIs on the 16x8 will strictly be for events.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club

one year I got almost 15k out of re71rs and prob had 10 autocross events on them.

I’m looking at the 225/45r16 Dunlop ZIIIs for my 16x8 Dekagrams, but I’m concerned about them rubbing during autox and HPDEs. (I’m at stock height). Have you tracked or autox’d your setup? Any rubbing?

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
I’m looking at the 225/45r16 Dunlop ZIIIs for my 16x8 Dekagrams, but I’m concerned about them rubbing during autox and HPDEs. (I’m at stock height). Have you tracked or autox’d your setup? Any rubbing?
Stock height no. If you drop at all you'll need to trim the fender tabs up front

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Or just get Firestone Indy's for a fraction of the cost* in stock size. great tire and I own them also* Food for thought!

wetwea33

Or just get Firestone Indy's for a fraction of the cost* in stock size. great tire and I own them also* Food for thought!
Indys are not a great tire. They are just Meh at everything. They don't particularly suck at one specific thing. The federals are much better performers at the same price.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Brianmc27

Indys are not a great tire. They are just Meh at everything. They don't particularly suck at one specific thing. The federals are much better performers at the same price.

Which federals, specifically?

Which federals, specifically?
Probably the 215 40 17 Federal 595RS-R

What he didn't mention is that they are 220 TW rated compared to the Indys that are 340. Grippier tire? Well, yea. They should be. Also louder, worse in wet and less life. (Still a great tire for people after mad grip...at the expense of the things mentioned.)

595RS-RR even stickier yet.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

That's not what quite a bit of people across different platforms have said....

HBEcoBeaST

I could not daily the rsr or rsrr with my current commute. Very grippy but also very squishy sidewall and mediocre feedback. They are budget tires so they provide grip at the expense of feedback and steering response. Neither are horrible but noticeably worse feel/response compared to my slightly stretched Indy's. And they are loud like off-road mud tires (not uncommon with 220 and below utg). Traction however is much better.

Similar pricing to Indy's if you shop around.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

This has been my experience with them. I'm concerned with the 215 on the 7" wheel would lose some responsiveness. Not to mention I'm not crazy about how 215s look on the stock wheel from the limited pics I've seen. know of any more pictures? I mean with this virus I might have to wait until next year anyways.

That's not what quite a bit of people across different platforms have said....
They are fantastic for street driving, which is what 99% of people probably are probably using as their frame of reference. Unfortunately they're not really competitive in autocross or other Motorsport.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just end it and get some Michelin Pilot Super sports already...that's the track tire I would roll.

wetwea33

Pilot super sports are not track tires lol they are like a 300tw and would be comparable to the oem bridgestones that come with the Fiestas. I dailyed the federals and I really didn't find that they were that numb or soft, only a minor downgrade in that regard from the bridgestones.

wetwea33

Just end it and get some Michelin Pilot Super sports already...that's the track tire I would roll.
Probably the 215 40 17 Federal 595RS-R

What he didn't mention is that they are 220 TW rated compared to the Indys that are 340. Grippier tire? Well, yea. They should be. Also louder, worse in wet and less life. (Still a great tire for people after mad grip...at the expense of the things mentioned.)

595RS-RR even stickier yet.
I was talking about the rs-rr which are a 200tw.