Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Faster than an STI?

I am currently running a cyborg and all supporting mods on E30 pushing 25 pounds of boost. I ran a 20125 down the highway and out ran him. NOT BY A LOT. But I was constantly pulling on him, we went from about 60-130 and by 130 I would have to say I was a good 2-3 cars ahead. So running a hybrid turbo making 250 plus at the wheels. Yes. A stock turbo, not so much.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Just to clarify I have not heard of any members that have had problems or issues with PumaSpeed's x-37 turbo itself...Some members reported communication issues with PumaSpeed which appear to have since been resolved...

Official Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...d-Turbo-Thread?p=185309&viewfull=1#post185309

I just got this email from Tony last night.
It may shed a little light on things.

"Hi David,

It seems there is a lot of misinformation about the x37 turbos We are still here We will always be here on email ,Facebook messenger, Whatsapp And even the old telephone...What we can't do is be everywhere and on all the forums not with the limited staffing and exponential amount of work we have...

I was warned about tune + some time ago and without being too rude he seems to be very mercenary and self centred as the other USA based trader suggested...He seems to have issued a statement that I cannot see but does seems to rubbish us a tad...

Maybe this statement coincides with the fact that he now has ten core units sat with him ,has sent 4 packages of 5 turbos back to us on our account and hasn't paid any shipping back to us for any of them...Two weeks ago we asked him to start paying the bills from FedEx as they had now arrived and he could be billed an honest and correct amount....Rather a coincidence I think....I am now stuck with no core and over 2000 dollars in my core plus a bill for return post X 4 or 5 times...

My personal whatsapp number is XXXXXX...Pumaspeed Facebook messages works well as does my Tony McQuire Facebook page....So why people can't get hold of us is beyond me???

Tony McQuire."
Thanks for reaching out to PumaSpeed Dave...Interesting to hear another side of the story...

It's also good to know there now may be a reliable contact moving forward for those who wish to purchase an x-37 Hybrid Turbo directly from PumaSpeed by contacting Tony@pumaspeed.co.uks...

Let's hope this also resolves some issues that a few of our members have had in the past with PumaSpeed with respect to ordering and lack of customer service responsiveness...

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club

Unless you yourself have bought this turbo or have dealt with Pumaspeed. I would not go around saying this and that by simply reading a thread.

Also not trying to say that the x37 is the almighty but before I bought my turbo, I talked to a few people who had the cyborg (not the c39) and they all said the spool was super laggy (even on e30). And that turbo did not produce good power. It is and was simply not a good hybrid.

If you're going to be looking at a hybrid I would look at the c39 or x37. Don't cross out the x37 because you heard someone say Pumaspeed does not communicate well.

Window shopping doesn't correlate to a personal experience with a brand/company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you yourself have bought this turbo or have dealt with Pumaspeed. I would not go around saying this and that by simply reading a thread.

Also not trying to say that the x37 is the almighty but before I bought my turbo, I talked to a few people who had the cyborg (not the c39) and they all said the spool was super laggy (even on e30). And that turbo did not produce good power. It is and was simply not a good hybrid.

If you're going to be looking at a hybrid I would look at the c39 or x37. Don't cross out the x37 because you heard someone say Pumaspeed does not communicate well.

Window shopping doesn't correlate to a personal experience with a brand/company

Are you not one of those who have had issues with Pumaspeed? I know you had some sort of issue with the X-37. I do get what your saying but isn't that the point of a forum. Multiple sources state they can not get a hold of Pumaspeed. I also believe you have certain issues with a tuner that you chime in at every chance but never elaborate on the matter. A little hypocritical I would say, ok to go against the grain but not with it?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
.. My Cyborg 39 spools insanely quick. Just like stock with more top end.
great to hear! I'm watching you [MENTION=3110]BronxBomber[/MENTION]. well, watching ur turbo anyway ;)

and on topic, if a Cyborg can almost do it then a C39 (and supporting mods) is what you'll need to do it with authority OP.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Faster than an STI? How much money you got?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Also, where did this "hybrid X spools like stock" statement come from? I'm gonna go ahead and shut that down (in this thread anyway). Because stock turbo is full spool around 2.2-2.3krpm, while a hybrid is sometime after 3.5-4krpm. What else is full spool around there? A GTX2867r.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
So far best peak torque values I've seen posted on average for the x-37 are between 3100~3300rpm where most reach +20psi by 3000~3100rpm...It would be very helpful to see more boost / torque plots posted for comparisons...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/9094-Official-Pumaspeed-X-37-Hybrid-Turbo-Thread

And this x-37 posted by [MENTION=1668]haste[/MENTION] showed an impressive spool of +20psi by ~2650rpm where he also has a quick spool manifold installed..

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...d-Turbo-Thread?p=175240&viewfull=1#post175240

Finally got some numbers together for 20psi boost at what RPM. In datalog #2, full throttle wasn't achieved until 2350 rpms. In datalog #3, full throttle was achieved at 1900 rpms. Both times, even with different throttle application, 20psi is reached in the 2600rpm range. Not bad!

I'd be curious to see some other numbers for this as I believe my FiST is the only one running the pumaspeed quickspool manifold this side of the pond. I'd like to know if it was worth bothering with it. I guess I could put the stock manifold back on and compare but that is a lot of work.

Datalog pics!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since absolute peak boost values tend to vary greatly depending on the turbo and it's tune I think a better metric to gauge "spool rate" for the purpose of comparing different turbo's with tunes would be to measure how many seconds (or the shortest amount of time) it takes to go from 0psi to 20psi as a benchmark...

For reference:

Most stock turbo's can spool from 0psi to 20psi in 1.0~1.3sec

In contrast, some of the larger BT's can take up to +5.0secs to spool from 0psi to 20psi

isn't there a youtube video of Ish beating a stock sti by a bus length though, even if it was X37, full bolt ons, and e30, he did pull a bus length or more on one.