Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Few Questions about a Tune

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
1. Can I run a Stage 1 Cobb OTS on Regular quality fuel? I'm going on a road trip back to college and don't really wanna spend money on premium when it'll just be a constant highway ride. (If not I'll just revert back to the stock tune)

2. When taking the car to the dealer for work, should I just flash back to the stock tune, or completely uninstall the Accessport?

3. Can I get the Mountune M215 tune without actually buying the MTune Accessport. I already have an accessport and buying another one just for a tune is stupid.

Last edited:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
1. Can I run a Stage 1 Cobb OTS on Regular quality fuel? I'm going on a road trip back to college and don't really wanna spend money on premium when it'll just be a constant highway ride. (If not I'll just revert back to the stock tune)

2. When taking the car to the dealer for work, should I just flash back to the stock tune, or completely uninstall the Accessport?

3. Can I get the Mountune M215 tune without actually buying the MTune Accessport. I already have an accessport and buying another one just for a tune is stupid.
1. When the tune says 91 octane, it means 91 octane. When it says 93, it means 93. Don't mess around with regular + a tune, it's not worth it - best case it'll run like butt, worst case you hole a piston.
2. When you take it in for dealer work you should unmarry the access port. They can see how many times your car has started since it was last flashed, so if you bring it in for a blown motor and it's been started 0 times since its last flash, you are dicked. A solid general rule is, if you can't afford to fix the car without warranty, you shouldn't be modding.
3. Not if you are trying to go the mountune warranty compatible path. The mountune stuff is a "package deal".

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
1. When the tune says 91 octane, it means 91 octane. When it says 93, it means 93. Don't mess around with regular + a tune, it's not worth it - best case it'll run like butt, worst case you hole a piston.
2. When you take it in for dealer work you should unmarry the access port. They can see how many times your car has started since it was last flashed, so if you bring it in for a blown motor and it's been started 0 times since its last flash, you are dicked. A solid general rule is, if you can't afford to fix the car without warranty, you shouldn't be modding.
3. Not if you are trying to go the mountune warranty compatible path. The mountune stuff is a "package deal".
Thanks, Thanks, and Thanks. That's unfortunate about the MTune, I wish they sold it separately so you could just download it. I already have the Induction kit that goes with it. Also, I've heard on the forum some people starting and stopping their engine like 200 times before bringing it into a dealer. Besides extra wear on the starter motor, does this actually work?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thanks, Thanks, and Thanks. That's unfortunate about the MTune, I wish they sold it separately so you could just download it. I already have the Induction kit that goes with it. Also, I've heard on the forum some people starting and stopping their engine like 200 times before bringing it into a dealer. Besides extra wear on the starter motor, does this actually work?
You need drive cycles or it doesn’t reset your readiness monitors, that’s the other way they could possibly check

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
You need drive cycles or it doesn’t reset your readiness monitors, that’s the other way they could possibly check
Like you can’t just swap tunes and get smogged immediately after, but I don’t honestly know if they check that. If they’re looking for a reason to decline a repair they might.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Like you can’t just swap tunes and get smogged immediately after, but I don’t honestly know if they check that. If they’re looking for a reason to decline a repair they might.
Well it's just scheduled maintenance, so I should be fine.

Mikey456

They do sell the MTune separately last time I looked on Mountune website. I recommend doing your research before buying though.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

1. Recommended you run the gas required for the tune.
2. Depends on a lot variables my car has been to the dealer 3 times now for warranty and regular service work with tunes on it. AP has and cable have stayed home with me.
You can also flash back to the stock tune if you want.
3. You can only get the MP215 if you buy it specifically. If you car is not a 2016 or older why bother? On the flip side Mountune sells some pretty cool packages that contain dealer friendly aka warranty friendly items like FMIC which is also CARB approved. Mountune intake airbox which is basically a ST200 box in metal bottom.
AP with Mountune custom tunes per your parts by Randy, and RMM. Its called a FB3 package and can be had on their sales with discounts around $1080 which is what I got mine for.
They even have an AP RMM package for about $500 again with tunes by Randy. Its an open AP so you can buy tunes from others to run as well. Price everything out, at the time my setup was a steal my AP cost around $365 which is what my intercooler was. The RMM came out to around $110 and the airbox was like $225

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
1. Recommended you run the gas required for the tune.
2. Depends on a lot variables my car has been to the dealer 3 times now for warranty and regular service work with tunes on it. AP has and cable have stayed home with me.
You can also flash back to the stock tune if you want.
3. You can only get the MP215 if you buy it specifically. If you car is not a 2016 or older why bother? On the flip side Mountune sells some pretty cool packages that contain dealer friendly aka warranty friendly items like FMIC which is also CARB approved. Mountune intake airbox which is basically a ST200 box in metal bottom.
AP with Mountune custom tunes per your parts by Randy, and RMM. Its called a FB3 package and can be had on their sales with discounts around $1080 which is what I got mine for.
They even have an AP RMM package for about $500 again with tunes by Randy. Its an open AP so you can buy tunes from others to run as well. Price everything out, at the time my setup was a steal my AP cost around $365 which is what my intercooler was. The RMM came out to around $110 and the airbox was like $225
Yeah I love the Mountune packages, but I already have the stuff in those packages, so unless I sell those individual bits off, it's kind of a waste. But thank you anyways!