Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta met an S10 today, not in a good way. Carnage pictures inside.

I am soooooooooo sorry to see the damage. I had similar damage to my former 2011 Fiesta SE.......a large pick up truck backed into it in my apartment carport. My insurance company waived my deductible because they could collect from the other guy's insurance.......the repair bill? $9,000.00

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #42
I wouldn't waste my time. The day it came out of the repair shop I would take it straight to a dealership and trade it. I understand that's not an option for everyone, but still-I would rather not deal with post-accident related problems.
Not an option at all. I owe about 28k on it last i checked. It was worth about 18k trade in before the accident, now it may be worth 12k. So unless there is something for sale with 16k worth of incentives i can use to pay off the negative equity, i have no choice but to drive it for another 5 years or so.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #43
Rebuild of it starts today, expected to take 2-3 weeks.

Ill be happy to have her back and hopefully no issues with it long term. Miss going through the gears.

Although this rental Dart with the 2.4 is not slow, surprising she likes to go all the way up to the 6500RPM redline when you nail it. If they make an SRT4 version of this thing for the second gen, this 2.4 multiair with a turbo would be awesome, poke that bugger with a stick and itll RUN.

I should mention that the body work and paint when I had my Fiesta repaired, was done expertly......perfect gaps, perfect paint, etc. However, some of the cushioning material used to keep the wires and connectors in place above the headliner, were not replaced very well. Result, lots of annoying little ticks and knocks over rough roads. You might mention this to the body shop and ask them to take special care to get all of that put back correctly. Not a huge deal, but it was annoying.
Barry

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #45
Unfortunately for them, and sometimes myself, I am VERY anal about exactly that. If someone says "gross" you get an award.

So they will have afew comeback's if it is not "like before" and makes me "whole" again.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #46
Took them over a month, but i picked her back up today. Repairs appear to be top notch and if not it is lifetime warranty. Total ended up being $9,450.30 but luckily only 500$ for me as far as my deductible goes. SO happy to be back in this little rocketship.