Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST carbon fiber parts "Group buy feeler"

Trader history for CMbuildz Racing (0)

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #21
Hey [MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION] If the chassis brace doesn't sit lower than the front bumper/ lip there will not be an issue..

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #23
Oh and the avarage the splitters weighs about 6lbs and with undertray about 10 lbs [emoji106]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
CM, no worries, just pointing it out:)

Please check out my build thread, street, track, site seeing, audio, lower weight, do it all retirement car that had to fit in a toyhauler trailer...and bit a bit of a fox in sheep's clothing;)

http://http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1836-RAAMaudio-ST-street-track-dog-hauler-grocery-getter-ultra-low-weight-audio

I need to take some pics of the ducted part I cut into the rear offset a bit to the passenger side. It is a curved area around 12" wide by 15" deep that bends up towards the DP and is lined on the sides and down into the air stream where I added another section to the leading edge of the chassis brace/rear under tray mount. This really helps pull air out from the engine bay and reduced heat a great deal.

I did this on advice of the Ford race shop manager at Miller Motorsports park when he saw my car on a lift, after he drove and loved it:) He said I could have heating issues with that big of an under tray covering so much area so recommended ducting, which I did the right away.

He liked the 3-way rear mount I made, part mount, part subframe brace and part "wicker bill" attached to the car with Rivnuts to the subframe, low weight, low cost, effective. He did however recommend I add a rubber strip to the bottom and to do some work in front of the tires which I have not done yet. I mentioned I felt the car was solid enough that just a 2 point brace was sufficient and he agreed. I tend to listen to the the advice of a well seasoned race shop manager in charge of dozens of race cars and the Octane Academy cars and prior years in the same position at the Audi race shop. We talked about some other aero issues if you wish to discuss them with me by all means PM or call please.

------------------------

I will have to be able to remove the splitter easily for the track as I can barely get my car in the trailer with just the TR one that barely sticks out, very tall trailer, using long Race Ramps and using the electric trailer jacks up front to get the rear of the trailer as low as I can go but mounting strength is paramount of course so I will work with what I have to make it do what I need depending on final design.

Thanks for posting the great pics of the splitters, the build quality, real race parts....:):):)

Rick

Pete

looks like my brace is lower than the bumper... This makes me really sad. :(

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #28
hey [MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION] were thinking about giving you guys a option to have a splitter w/undertray and a splitter that stops right infront of the wheels. So at this point guys where going to start my car in early feb so stay tuned and I will post as many updates as possible.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Having the option of stopping before the front wheels, right at the ends of the bumper cover, would be great for those running in at least one class of NASA TT events, going further back adds more points if I recall correctly but it was mentioned when I was looking at where to class my car.

TheStig

I so wish i could tell you to shut up and politely take all of my money, because i absolutely LOVE anything carbon fiber.

But im sure price point tosses me out, still awesome to see this popping up!

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #34
Sorry haven't updated guys been really busy but my car should be going to waspcomposites March 1st ... I will def be keep you guys in the loop

CM, no worries, just pointing it out:)

I need to take some pics of the ducted part I cut into the rear offset a bit to the passenger side. It is a curved area around 12" wide by 15" deep that bends up towards the DP and is lined on the sides and down into the air stream where I added another section to the leading edge of the chassis brace/rear under tray mount. This really helps pull air out from the engine bay and reduced heat a great deal.

Rick
Rick,

Any chance of a updated picture of the undertray, now that it has the vent?
This is on my todo list this summer, so I'd like to see the updated design.
Oh, and a pic of the rear undertray too!

Also, sounds like your undertray clears the Pierce Motorsports 2 point brace. Yes?

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #37
Sorry I haven't update you guys this project is still in progress I should be dropping my car off sat ... Wasp just moved into a bigger facility so just waiting for him to get settled ... [MENTION=2268]GoMax[/MENTION] unfortunately we don't think the splitter is going to clear the under races but we are going to offer a shorter one that will stop right infront of the tires ... I will update you guys as soon as we start thx guys

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #38
Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a while the projects on hold for the moment ... I will let you guys know as soon and I start back up ... Thanks for the interest and patience

TheStig

That evo is about as cool as getting aids from your dad
Thats a pretty messed up thing to say. What do you have against a well prepped track car?

The wing is huge, but so are most wings on balls-fast cars at the track these days.