Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can anyone here shed light on the difference between moving from stage 2 to stage 3 by just running a 2JR catted downpipe instead of stock? I will most likely be running stock exhaust, and will run the AP stage 3 OTS map regardless. I'm particularly interested in the torque difference and butt feel. Keep in mind I'm already running a stage 3 AP map anyway.

My set-up is: Injen IC, Levels FMIC, Cobb AP stage 3, ATP hot side pipe swap, stock exhaust.

...actually I ran several runs this morning and the Stage 2 91 actually felt more solid in the low to mid range with my mods, so I backed off the stage 3 91 for now.

djy

I found a high flow 100cel catted downpipe for $279.99. Anyone else come across this one? The catless one is $179.99. These are definitely the best prices I've seen thus far. I was planning to do the catted downpipe and a straight pipe setup minus the muffler and resonator but drone is a concern. I really cannot justify the high costs of some of the downpipes on the market right now.

http://www.deporacing.us/shop/ford/ford-fiesta-st-3-downpipe-hi-flow-cat-100-cel/

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I found a high flow 100cel catted downpipe for $279.99. Anyone else come across this one? The catless one is $179.99. These are definitely the best prices I've seen thus far. I was planning to do the catted downpipe and a straight pipe setup minus the muffler and resonator but drone is a concern. I really cannot justify the high costs of some of the downpipes on the market right now.

http://www.deporacing.us/shop/ford/ford-fiesta-st-3-downpipe-hi-flow-cat-100-cel/
Wow dang good price and the quality looks good. Ill wait for you or others to guinea pig and confirm its good before i buy tho.

I have the catless version. Got it in today. Looks great for the price. All welds are 100% and nothing looks hacked.

djy

that's awesome. when able, let us know the performance returns you get. what's your entire exhaust setup?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am a bit concerned with the way it necks down right after the inlet, does not look like a very smooth transition to what looks like smaller than a 3" pipe. Price alone does not make up all that is required to be a great upgrade value, this DP seems a bit on the lower end of the scale in performance.

As an example of how a DP should be built:

[/IMG]

Though wrapped this this DP I am selling is a true 3" in, out and all the way with very smooth flow and angled 02 bungs, DIY or pay a bit to have it matted to your exhaust and it would be a much better deal;) It has 2k miles on it, 80 laps all out on track which means a lot of heat, held up great.

This is how it compared to the stock and ATP DP when I first was building it, I did not take a side angle shot but if you look closely you can see it has a better flow angle out of it than even the ATP. I removed the huge cat later for more testing.

Rhinopolis

Has anyone paid to have a DP ceramic coated by an independent provider? I tried searching and could not locate a DP that offered ceramic coating as an option from the manufacturer, and mainly I want the ceramic coating to help control heat around the DP.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
At least one member has had a manifold and perhaps DP coated, do not recall whom it was, searching should find it though.

Example pick of new heat wrap and with around 1500 miles of use later look at how it turned out after taking it off and reusing it, there is a lot of heat to cause that much wear on it.

Unwrapped, removed cat, reused the DEI copper wrap, looks old and frayed but it was all I had on hand and still worked.

Izzy's wrap looks like DEI Titanium, which is what I have to wrap my DHM DP with, great idea on using SS hose clamps:)

I used SS welding wire cross wound up and down the pipe the second time I put on the wrap, works great.

Izzy

At least one member has had a manifold and perhaps DP coated, do not recall whom it was, searching should find it though.

Example pick of new heat wrap and with around 1500 miles of use later look at how it turned out after taking it off and reusing it, there is a lot of heat to cause that much wear on it.

Unwrapped, removed cat, reused the DEI copper wrap, looks old and frayed but it was all I had on hand and still worked.

Izzy's wrap looks like DEI Titanium, which is what I have to wrap my DHM DP with, great idea on using SS hose clamps:)

I used SS welding wire cross wound up and down the pipe the second time I put on the wrap, works great.
RAAMaudio...it's DEI indeed! And wrapping a catted DP such a pain! Wish I could run straight pipe in TX!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
DEI, great stuff, I have used many of their products on race and hopped up street cars for years:)

Take a look at my DP pics in a previous post, unwrapped and then what you can see of the cat in the last post.....I have wrapped handlebars on road race bikes, made custom fly fishing rods, tied flies, many times wrapped my wrists and ankles when into martial arts....that DP was a challenge, took three starts to figure it out!

I am a bit concerned with the way it necks down right after the inlet, does not look like a very smooth transition to what looks like smaller than a 3" pipe. Price alone does not make up all that is required to be a great upgrade value, this DP seems a bit on the lower end of the scale in performance.

As an example of how a DP should be built:

[/IMG]

Though wrapped this this DP I am selling is a true 3" in, out and all the way with very smooth flow and angled 02 bungs, DIY or pay a bit to have it matted to your exhaust and it would be a much better deal;) It has 2k miles on it, 80 laps all out on track which means a lot of heat, held up great.

This is how it compared to the stock and ATP DP when I first was building it, I did not take a side angle shot but if you look closely you can see it has a better flow angle out of it than even the ATP. I removed the huge cat later for more testing.

Where it necks down it goes from 3.5" to 3" the only thing I dislike on it is it necks down to 2.5 at the flange. Easily fixed but I'm gonna try it out

DEI, great stuff, I have used many of their products on race and hopped up street cars for years:)

Take a look at my DP pics in a previous post, unwrapped and then what you can see of the cat in the last post.....I have wrapped handlebars on road race bikes, made custom fly fishing rods, tied flies, many times wrapped my wrists and ankles when into martial arts....that DP was a challenge, took three starts to figure it out!
Is it worth it to wrap? I was thinking to do it