Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST forum research

Hey everyone, Drove a FiST the other day and was impressed by the package overall. The car was a base model without options. The dealer and I came close on price with my trade, but one issue I had with the car is a way to carry my bicycle. Looking for solutions prior to purchasing.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
You can do both roof racks to hitch mounted racks for the FiST.

OP
konatodd
Thread Starter #4
Cool. Thanks for the suggestions. The hitch looks way low on these cars and I think I'd have issue with strikes. The roof rack is probably the safest way to go, but I'd have to get used to the rack break up the lines of the car.
I was considering removing Half the rear seat, if that's even possible to allow me to put the bike in and stand it up without the front wheel...May work with my road and CX bike, but probably not for the longer MTB's.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Hey everyone, Drove a FiST the other day and was impressed by the package overall. The car was a base model without options. The dealer and I came close on price with my trade, but one issue I had with the car is a way to carry my bicycle. Looking for solutions prior to purchasing.
I use a ROLA roof carrier similiar to the one pictured.... I like it because I don't want to have it on my car all the time and can install and remove it in about 5 minutes. It's so easy a caveman can do it (in their sleep). LOL

Sorry I don't have any actual pictures of it on my Fiesta ST. It's on my car now but I plan on removing it tomorrow. [:p]

Attachments

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
When I'm extra lazy, I just put my back seats down and throw my bike in the back. It fits if I take the front wheel off... [wink]

It's a 54cm Giant TCR Advanced (pictured)

Attachments

that perspective is off for the hitch pictures. I go on dirt roads with my hitch and bike, no problem.

OP
konatodd
Thread Starter #9
When I'm extra lazy, I just put my back seats down and throw my bike in the back. It fits if I take the front wheel off... [wink]

It's a 54cm Giant TCR Advanced (pictured)
Nice bike.

I tried putting my CX bike in the back with the seat down and it wouldn't fit...Maybe my road bike would. I really like the looks of the roof rack though. I'll have to look into that.

OP
konatodd
Thread Starter #10
that perspective is off for the hitch pictures. I go on dirt roads with my hitch and bike, no problem.
Yeah, I'm not too worried about dirt roads, it's the messed-up driveway entrances we have around here. I used to scrape the heck outta my rack when it was on my SRT-4 Caliber, but the overhang isn't a great on the ST...So maybe.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Nice bike.

I tried putting my CX bike in the back with the seat down and it wouldn't fit...Maybe my road bike would. I really like the looks of the roof rack though. I'll have to look into that.
Thanks. I'll take a picture of my car with it installed before I remove it. I made two small marks on the inside of the doorjams so that I can quickly align the rack. That means no adjustments are needed. I love the ROLA. I also like that it wasn't very expensive. It was less than $400.00 (including the Yakima carrier).

OP
konatodd
Thread Starter #14
Sea Sucker ~$225, pops on and off in under 2 min

I have a SeaSucker, but in the winter they can't be used....Even down here in NC.

Too, I just talked to the dealer and we've reached a deal. Guess I'll pick up the car sometime tomorrow.

OP
konatodd
Thread Starter #15
Thanks. I'll take a picture of my car with it installed before I remove it. I made two small marks on the inside of the doorjams so that I can quickly align the rack. That means no adjustments are needed. I love the ROLA. I also like that it wasn't very expensive. It was less than $400.00 (including the Yakima carrier).
I'm going to look into the ROLA...Looks like a nice rack. Thanks for mentioning the Yakima carriers. I was wondering which ones they were. Didn't care for the ROLA carriers.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The best answer is to stop riding the bicycle, problem solved.

There are many good reasons as to why this is a good idea.
The FiST is faster, warmer, handles better, more comfortable, and a lot less effort to go up hills, just to name a few.

I will admit that there also good things bicycles can be used for as well.
However, I hesitate to list them as I am sure many would become upset.

Dave
[kidding]

BTW, Welcome Aboard.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I'm going to look into the ROLA...Looks like a nice rack. Thanks for mentioning the Yakima carriers. I was wondering which ones they were. Didn't care for the ROLA carriers.
I bought the ROLA roof rack for $263.00 from Amazon. The Yakima carrier I bought from my LBS for $99.00 (I forget which one I have but any carrier will work).

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club

The FiST is faster, warmer, handles better, more comfortable, and a lot less effort to go up hills, just to name a few.

Dave
[kidding]
bwahahahahahaha [clap]

OP
konatodd
Thread Starter #19

Dave
[kidding]

BTW, Welcome Aboard.
LOL. Thanks!!

I have the Curt (hidden hitch type) hitch that you can't see the bar from the rear, you only see the 1.5 inch hitch box. My ride height is stock and I've never dragged the hitch on speed bumps, backing up to curb or low dip driveways...