Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Intake - Dyno Tested

Yea I figured that a few more degrees wouldn't make much of a difference anyway. All I know is that it is such an improvement over the stock setup when it comes to the airflow. The stock had just that little vent where the air would go in,now it sucks in air 360dg. around. I see in the OP pic that intake he used sits lower closer to the engine(more heat) than our injens do to.

-ry

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I added more weatherstripping to seal it up better by the battery, closed up extra holes etc. Seems to help with "heat" issues everyone ************* about. I spent less than $10 on materials, so it's not really a big deal. I also added a little square of tape over the wee hole in the thing and closed it up. Think of it as optimizing it further.

To get the absolute most out of the system, I think some sort of means of sealing more cleanly along the hood would slightly improve it and reduce the potential for higher temperatures - but I am sure the design of the tube itself significantly helps output.

I shot a video today showing what I mean - I live in sunny warm SoCal and my intake temps are always within +10*F of current ambient air temperature (ex: it's 73* outside. IAT is 83.5*F) - sometimes as little as +3 above ambient once the car is moving faster than say 20mph; most of my commute is stop and go as it is 100% city no highway and under 10mi each way.

So basically, as long as the car is moving the heat soak everyone complains about is really a non-issue, but I have taken steps to minimize the potential for heat to creep in when I'm stop-n-go.
Hi BlueBomber

Can you tell me what you are using to measure your IAT and the location in the engine bay?

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Hi BlueBomber

Can you tell me what you are using to measure your IAT and the location in the engine bay?
Cobb Accessport readings for Intake Air Temperature data feed primarily. also, my hand LOL - I figure whatever temperature the sensor right behind the filter is reading is probably close enough.

I do actually have a laser thermometer though, might help.

[video=youtube;busWfO9AdrQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=busWfO9AdrQ[/video]

Awesome video man,sounds just like mine,obviously [twothumb]. It's amazing how an intake makes our car sound like a bov was put in,weird. I wonder why we can't hear it at all not even a lil but on the stock setup,maybe it's bc the whole box gets taken out?

-ry

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I wonder why we can't hear it at all not even a lil but on the stock setup,maybe it's bc the whole box gets taken out?

-ry
It's because the OEM intake is super deep and acts as a sound baffle- it's designed that way on purpose. Opening up the bottom of the OEM intake housing has a similar effect, apparently.

XuperXero

I have not seen that kit before. Your right about the heat shield, that's the best attempt so far. I wonder why they didn't make that intake hose one piece?.
That was my concern too, I'm wondering if it could be replaced with Mountune's induction hose. Although quite expensive this way...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That's a thing people need to watch out for. Make sure it's for the ST model, I know that should go without saying but the regular Fiesta ones are cheaper so some people might think they are getting a deal and buy it. When in the end it's not for our cars. Just a heads up to people who didn't know!!