Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Intake - Dyno Tested

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Quick off topic quesiton; I have the Cobb/Green high flow filter and I'm planning to get an intake system. Once I get that intake system, Injen or Cobb, that high flow filter won't be able to be used correct? Because the new intake will have a cone filter, right? I'm not that mechanical sound, so I wanted to know for sure if that's going to be the case. Thanks!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Quick off topic quesiton; I have the Cobb/Green high flow filter and I'm planning to get an intake system. Once I get that intake system, Injen or Cobb, that high flow filter won't be able to be used correct? Because the new intake will have a cone filter, right? I'm not that mechanical sound, so I wanted to know for sure if that's going to be the case. Thanks!
That is correct.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Besides Mountune and BUG Auto Industry's lower airbox replacements, virtually every other "Air Intake" will replace the OEM panel filter that you're replacing with the Cobb/Green Filter panel

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I got a good deal from Mountune, as I purchased the induction hose before they came out with the air box and induction hose combo, and they originally shipped me the wrong color induction hose, so I got an additional discount. I think I'm going to paint my airbox black as I live in SoCal, and I don't want to alert the CARB smog police when it eventually needs to get smogged. Also, the air tube needs to connect to a port on the front bumper, maybe near the foglight. I'll have to weld something up to look OEM. This will require further thought and fabrication before I install it. Like Sekred did, possibly. I have access to composite and aluminum tubing and a welder at work.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thanks for replies, that's what I thought. Looks like I'll be putting up a brand new drop in filter for sale once I finally buy my Injen/Cobb system.