Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Intercooler Info Thread

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
if you get the Simple Green version it's safe to spray in your mouth. should be safe for your paint.

Hey guys, I want to add another intercooler to the line up. Well, a couple.
First: DaVinci Performance Race Intercooler, $575 **needs DaVinci Performance Crash Bar**
Vibrant 24x10.5x3.5 Core, cnc cut 6061 aluminum end tanks, available w/ Tial BOV added.
https://davinciperformance.com/collections/frontpage/products/davinci-performance-race-intercooler

Second: DaVinci Performance Factory Fit Intercooler,
$425, Vibrant 22x6x3.5 core, cnc cut 6061 aluminum end tanks, retains all factory mounting locations and hardware!
https://davinciperformance.com/coll...performance-fiesta-st-factory-fit-intercooler

If these could be added to the list, I'd appreciate it:)
If any of you have questions, please feel free to message or email us!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys, I want to add another intercooler to the line up. Well, a couple.
First: DaVinci Performance Race Intercooler, $575 **needs DaVinci Performance Crash Bar**
Vibrant 24x10.5x3.5 Core, cnc cut 6061 aluminum end tanks, available w/ Tial BOV added.
https://davinciperformance.com/collections/frontpage/products/davinci-performance-race-intercooler

Second: DaVinci Performance Factory Fit Intercooler,
$425, Vibrant 22x6x3.5 core, cnc cut 6061 aluminum end tanks, retains all factory mounting locations and hardware!
https://davinciperformance.com/coll...performance-fiesta-st-factory-fit-intercooler

If these could be added to the list, I'd appreciate it:)
If any of you have questions, please feel free to message or email us!
Can we get better pics of the factory fit intercooler?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Is there an actual direct IC comparison thread? I've searched and can't find anything... Also, it looks like Pwnall, Depo and Whoosh sell exactly the same decent import IC, are these known to make coolant or oil temps rise? Do people take a rotary tool to cut out more sections of the upper front grill? I mean, my oil temps seemed to drop 10 degrees by simply switching to the larger FL-400S filter, I'm kind of concerned an IC upgrade may impede air flow, not sure what to think other than for a stock turbo I hope that those inexpensive import ones will do well for me.

Is there an actual direct IC comparison thread? I've searched and can't find anything... Also, it looks like Pwnall, Depo and Whoosh sell exactly the same decent import IC, are these known to make coolant or oil temps rise? Do people take a rotary tool to cut out more sections of the upper front grill? I mean, my oil temps seemed to drop 10 degrees by simply switching to the larger FL-400S filter, I'm kind of concerned an IC upgrade may impede air flow, not sure what to think other than for a stock turbo I hope that those inexpensive import ones will do well for me.
Those three resellers are going through MTC in England. It's a good intercooler. Temps may rise but it's pretty negligible. My oil temps are inferred to be as high as 225 when not moving with coolant around the same. As long as you're not idling in a hot box, you'll be fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Can personally vouch for DEPO, that thing is a beast. I'm bummed I had to sell it as I was strapped for cash.
I'm considering removing my Mishi factory fit, and getting either another DEPO, Whoosh or Pwnall. Seems the mishi doesn't perform as well as those.
You won't go wrong with any of the three you've mentioned. Pwnall's is the best price right now (while his stock lasts)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Can personally vouch for DEPO, that thing is a beast. I'm bummed I had to sell it as I was strapped for cash.
I'm considering removing my Mishi factory fit, and getting either another DEPO, Whoosh or Pwnall. Seems the mishi doesn't perform as well as those.
You won't go wrong with any of the three you've mentioned. Pwnall's is the best price right now (while his stock lasts)
Thanks man, I was thinking this exactly, good to have some validation!

redmoe

I saw a slight increase in coolant temp when I went to a larger IC. That combined with the high temp here in AZ drove me to installing a Mountune radiator. I never went into limp mode but the temps on a hot day were getting close.

The oil temp value is calculated and not very reliable. The coolant temp is a better pid to monitor.

The IC really helped with the charge air temps. I went from a 20 to 30 degree increase during a 3rd gear pull to a 10 degree or less increase. Didn’t have to modify the lower grill at all. For the stock turbo or hybrid the whoosh, depot or similar should be fine.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I saw a slight increase in coolant temp when I went to a larger IC. That combined with the high temp here in AZ drove me to installing a Mountune radiator. I never went into limp mode but the temps on a hot day were getting close.

The oil temp value is calculated and not very reliable. The coolant temp is a better pid to monitor.

The IC really helped with the charge air temps. I went from a 20 to 30 degree increase during a 3rd gear pull to a 10 degree or less increase. Didn’t have to modify the lower grill at all. For the stock turbo or hybrid the whoosh, depot or similar should be fine.
We are having similar but not quite as hot dry heat here right now... At 98 ambient I was hitting a reasonable 215 coolant but up into the 140's for charge temps after a couple consecutive pulls... But other than about three weeks of 90's in the summer we are typically very mild here so thinking it may not be worth an impulse buy for me just because we are having a heat wave now... But considering that we can tune for more power too, I think I'll keep it on the short list, thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

XanRules

But you don't have a 26 PSI 93 octane Stratified tune do you? :)
I have a 91 octane one that came with my AP from a car with the same mod list, seems to top out around 26psi. I wouldn't anticipate the 2 octane would make that big of a difference, but I wonder what the difference is otherwise. Once I actually get a custom tune tuned to my specs it'll be interesting to see if that changes much.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I have a 91 octane one that came with my AP from a car with the same mod list, seems to top out around 26psi. I wouldn't anticipate the 2 octane would make that big of a difference, but I wonder what the difference is otherwise. Once I actually get a custom tune tuned to my specs it'll be interesting to see if that changes much.
So yeah, I remember now it's a Stratified tune with the same heat generating 26 PSI target, the octane difference shouldn't matter much... but seriously, it was upper 90's and after 2 full pulls with only about 10 seconds between them I noticed my charge temp max had hit like 142 at one point... This was the back roads/River Road area from Hillsboro to get back into SW Beaverton/Tigard at the hottest part of the day after 5pm... could be that since I had country roads to fully wind it out, it could be those 2 full runs back to back that did it.. It was that moment that I was finally convinced what others have said about the stock IC hitting that high of temps, I was suspicious/a doubter myself until then...

XanRules

Interesting. I rarely push it that hard but even when I do I don't get more than maybe 15 degrees above ambient in my experience.

So yeah, I remember now it's a Stratified tune with the same heat generating 26 PSI target, the octane difference shouldn't matter much... but seriously, it was upper 90's and after 2 full pulls with only about 10 seconds between them I noticed my charge temp max had hit like 142 at one point... This was the back roads/River Road area from Hillsboro to get back into SW Beaverton/Tigard at the hottest part of the day after 5pm... could be that since I had country roads to fully wind it out, it could be those 2 full runs back to back that did it.. It was that moment that I was finally convinced what others have said about the stock IC hitting that high of temps, I was suspicious/a doubter myself until then...
I drive a similar route......from Hillsboro to Beaverton (near Nike), my charge temps got pretty high, but usually no more than 10* over