Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST v.s. Focus ST v.s. Mitsu EVO v.s. Subaru WRX (@ the track)

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
just wondering why we are resetting the ecu learning on the cobb and how do we do this? also what is the outcome?
There is an option to reset the ecu in the Cobb AP menu. This basically erases everything the ecu has "learned". I prefer this method over disconnecting the battery (I hate having to reset presets etc).

Sup guys a lil info for ya,

I'm usually over on vwvortex.com forums (I know I know,can't help it I'm a vw guy at heart) anyways there is a sub forum over there or whatever you wanna call it called "The Car Lounge" and just recently there was a thread about a link from I believe it was car and driver on long term reliability of a focus St that ford had given them to test. Anyways what im getting at here is in the article they clearly showed how a 2012 sedan civic Si was faster to 60 than the FOST. I couldn't believe it,but thanks to the gear heads over there they showed it was do to the civics gearing I believe. So what im trying to say here is with a Cobb or retune I bet our cars aren't far from a FOST in the straights in how this video is showing us. Also our cars clearly show a lot more torque numbers than what ford claims after a dyno,stock. Here's the article. [sing]

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6916644-C-amp-D-long-term-Focus-ST

Edit: the FOST was on snow tires...

-ry

the duke

Wow, that Focus ST does sound pretty beastly. Turbo sounds like it spools waaaayyy faster than my STi, but then again I have a single-scroll with a mile of piping in both directions...

Man, I want that spool noise in a Fiesta ST.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Wow, that Focus ST does sound pretty beastly. Turbo sounds like it spools waaaayyy faster than my STi, but then again I have a single-scroll with a mile of piping in both directions...

Man, I want that spool noise in a Fiesta ST.
Well, that focus also has a tiny k03, so it probably does spool faster than an sti haha.

Get an intake and and downpipe and you'll have similar spool noises. My turbo is quite loud now

the duke

Well, that focus also has a tiny k03, so it probably does spool faster than an sti haha.

Get an intake and and downpipe and you'll have similar spool noises. My turbo is quite loud now
Yes, but I wouldn't call my VF39 a large turbo either. Honestly the quick spool sounds better than my gradual/linear spool. 1st gear is great, but above 2nd the turbo just takes too long to spool to really feel fast. ONce it's spooled it's not bad, but like on the highway it doesn't feel super fast because the application of power is too linear.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Yes, but I wouldn't call my VF39 a large turbo either. Honestly the quick spool sounds better than my gradual/linear spool. 1st gear is great, but above 2nd the turbo just takes too long to spool to really feel fast. ONce it's spooled it's not bad, but like on the highway it doesn't feel super fast because the application of power is too linear.
I know what you mean. While I do enjoy the quickness of a smaller turbo, I wish ours had just a tad more linear power so it would pull a little more up top. KO3 would have been perfect on this motor