Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Filming setup for pov driving videos

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ve been wanting to get a camera and film some driving videos. I’d like to find a way to mount it inside my car so that you could see the shifter and steering wheel. Do any of y’all have a setup like that, and if so what do you use to mount the camera.
Also, I’d need to get a camera, I’m leaning toward a GoPro. Any recommendations for a good GoPro?

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Instead of buying the GoPro to go to the Octane Academy, I bought the Sony Exmor R 11.9 megapixel for less than half the price of the GoPro. Perfect clarity and no vibration when mounted outside. Don't know if they're still available.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
There are a bunch that already exists that don't need drilling - https://a.co/d/2TPK7gM

Also you can get a tripod mounted clamp and just use your cell phone. Quality will be just as good or better than a GoPro.
That’s also cheaper since I already have a phone.

I use a simple head strap mount for my go pro. It's easy to check to make sure the angle is good using the go pro app. One of my friends uses a mouth clench mouth thing. I think that works better for him because he is so tall. It's going to take some trial and error honestly. Chest mounts would only be good if you do not want to see the road or your chest is ungodly high in the car lol

Woods247

2000 Post Club
The biggest advantage of GoPro is “Hey GoPro start/stop recording”. Other than that they’re kind of a pain. Newer iPhones have stabilization and shoot incredible video with decent audio but you’ll need to remember to manually start/stop. You can also buy iPhone/GoPro mounts on Amazon cheap. I used to use this mount before installing a rollbar and it was great.

Links won’t work for some reason. Go to Amazon and look for this: Tackform Headrest Mount for GoPro and Other Action Cameras,10.75 Inch

IMG_2394.jpeg
IMG_2395.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
The biggest advantage of GoPro is “Hey GoPro start/stop recording”. Other than that they’re kind of a pain. Newer iPhones have stabilization and shoot incredible video with decent audio but you’ll need to remember to manually start/stop. You can also buy iPhone/GoPro mounts on Amazon cheap. I used to use this mount before installing a rollbar and it was great.

Links won’t work for some reason. Go to Amazon and look for this: Tackform Headrest Mount for GoPro and Other Action Cameras,10.75 Inch

View attachment 56920
View attachment 56921
Thanks for the recommendation, that looks like what I want.
Too bad Siri couldn’t start/stop video

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #13
6A2BE51E-8164-4CDE-AEBF-2392092BD48D.jpeg
Thanks for the advice guys! This just went in the car today. I’m filming using my iPhone 13 which saves me a bunch of money on a camera.

IMG_7784.png
here’s a screenshot from my Insta360 Go3. Small camera and very convenient. I could barely tell it was on my head, unlike a go pro. It’s just clipped on to my beanie and the video and audio combination is clear once you export.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
haha i tried that a couple times but I'm too tall, all you can see was the visor, headliner, hood, and a slice of road

I'm not crazy tall, but its all torso - like a penguin. Instead, I got a camera mount that bolts on to the headrest and puts the camera a little lower, it always worked pretty well.

haha i tried that a couple times but I'm too tall, all you can see was the visor, headliner, hood, and a slice of road

I'm not crazy tall, but its all torso - like a penguin. Instead, I got a camera mount that bolts on to the headrest and puts the camera a little lower, it always worked pretty well.
Have you tried a gopro mouth mount?
1691447247622.png
One of my over 6ft friends uses this in his lexus for POV canyon vids and I think his angle is better than mine. But the mouth mount at my height is too low and too much steering wheel.