Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finally go my sound deadening

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
After waiting 3 months my Soundskin mats finally came in. I now have everything to upgrade my sound system. When I'm not stoned I'll install it. LOL Got to love VA medical.

I recently did some sound deadening in the hatch spare tire area, made a world of difference!

I'm in the process of installing a 1000w RMS 10" sub in a big ported box with a big big amp, I have tons of mats leftover so I'll figure out where rattles start happening and go to town with the leftover sound deadening when the time comes lol

Fiestig

did you do the hatch and rear fender wells too? I was debating on doing that
Yep, every little bit and it was a pain in the ass, but well worth it. Do as much as you can the first time you start, you won't regret it because it sucks getting back into it. There is actually a foam deadener on top of everything as well that isn't pictured. Only the roof hasn't been done which will make another world of difference

Fiestig

Was it worth it for you?
I'm interested in doing this as well but it seems like the benefits are marginal for most.
Well worth it. I would do it over again in a heartbeat. Keep in mind also that unless you go all the way, you probably won't see the results you are hoping for, because that little bit that you don't do is like a loudspeaker and it will bother you even if all the rest is dead as can be

Well worth it. I would do it over again in a heartbeat. Keep in mind also that unless you go all the way, you probably won't see the results you are hoping for, because that little bit that you don't do is like a loudspeaker and it will bother you even if all the rest is dead as can be
Was it worth it for you?
I'm interested in doing this as well but it seems like the benefits are marginal for most.

Just doing the hatch floor was totally noticeable, I don't have to talk as loud with my fiance, and I don't have to turn the music up as loud. Before it sounded like more noise came from the back cargo hatch area. Now it sounds like most of the noise is closer to me, so I think I'll add more deadening and see how it goes.

Thanks @Fiestig for the tip, I'll add more under the rear seat and carpet I think.