Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finally got the car I wanted.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The Rub is that there are so many options available that "it's only another 500 bucks" is pretty much endless. There are times when I think my FiST is an even larger hole to pour money into than my boat was. Then I get in, start the motor, and it all seems worth it. There is a Fiesta/RS Franken car in the area and word is the owner likes to pick on Hellcats. If I had 500 hp and 4 wheel drive in a 2850 lbs. Fiesta look alike I might do the same. That's one thing about the Metro Detroit area, if you have the bucks you can build, or get built some really stunning sleepers.

BTW, I have the Cobb 2 1/2 inch exhaust. After 30 years of driving used beaters as daily drivers I have had it up to here with buying a new exhaust every 2 or 3 years. So I went with an exhaust that will last 50 years. Gotta love 304 Stainless, you could put it in hot brine for years and still have a shiny new exhaust. In addition to that I've replaced the intercooler, radiator, airbox, Rear Motor Mount, Wheels and Tires (16 inch). Next up will be an AP with the Mountune MR230 tune. Also looking at a Water/Meth system to clean up the valves. Way down the road it may be an MRX engine assembly with an S280 turbo package.
Ya but the thing is I have owned and modded cars for pretty much 40 years . I can tell you that for the amount of money it takes to fully mod a FiST is by far cheaper than a lot of other cars. For around 5k-6k in you can make the FiST perform like a car over twice its purchase price new. The trick is to choose your mods wisely and do not just throw cash at it. For instance a S280 Turbo upgrade with a tune and fuel can come in around $2500 . That alone puts you in a whole other realm as stock suspension is damn good handling wise already. You really do not need a lot of other things . Engine mounts? $200 Exhaust $500-$700. If you want coilovers $1k for really good ones. Radiator$400-500. Intercooler $200-300
That right there covers a lot of the ground on mods. Ya you toss a diff in its gonna be another 1-2k most people do not though.
God when I was building drift cars you could be 20k in on a car and still have room to spend more lol.
Try owning a BMW and modding it lol.
So ya figured I would toss some perspective in here.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also I’m new to turbo world so the acronym for these parts are like Cantonese to me 😂
Same here, as this is the very first turbo car (and only the second boosted car) I've ever owned in almost 50 years of driving.
When everyone starts speaking about turbo A/R ratios, 'efficiency', 'over-spinning', waste gate pre-loads, etc. I am LOST as well.

Last edited:
I have the Cobb 2 1/2 exhaust and can recommend it highly. Took my FiST from metro Detroit to Charlotte, NC for Christmas and didn't have even a hint of drone on the whole trip. Overall at light throttle it's a fairly quiet system, you can hear if you listen for it but if the radios playing and your not looking for it you won't notice the exhaust at all. Where it does get a bit rowdy is at wide open throttle to the red line. Then the car sounds like it has some juice. BTW, if you fold the rear seat backs down it will be rather boomy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, loud enough to drown out the radio. This range seems to be a resonance point for the cabin when the seats are folded down. I generally keep the seats up because there are times when I have rather valuable items in the rear storage area.

Like many others I get lost at times. IMO in every single venue on this sight there should be a Sticky at the top spelling out all of the acronyms and defining what they are. Took me at least 2-3 weeks to stop wonder if I had stumbled into a druggie den with all the references to LSD and Meth. Here a Methhead is an entirely different sort of person than a Methhead in southern California.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Does a crossover pipe really even do anything at all for a factory snail? [dunno]
Actually its one of the few intake mods that does. Jason at Dizzy Tune proved it on a dyno. He tested intakes out and crossover pipes and the crossover pipe had proven gains. Not big but more than any intake lol.

. Took me at least 2-3 weeks to stop wonder if I had stumbled into a druggie den with all the references to LSD and Meth. Here a Methhead is an entirely different sort of person than a Methhead in southern California.
Wait you are from Detroit and into cars for 30 years and you have never heard and one call a Limited slip differential a LSD or meth injection I am running meth? You really must not be into modifying them. lol People have used those terms for years. What rock did you just crawl out from under? Oh and by the way do not start stereotyping SoCal with Methheads you got plenty of those crack asses in your neck of the woods as well. lol

OP
RainboChaser
Thread Starter #27
So i think I’m gonna go with the FSwerks sport exhaust and the k&n intake of it fits, which is my next question for you all. CAI? They look cheap for this car. Does the k&N air charger fit my car?

Mikey456

So i think I’m gonna go with the FSwerks sport exhaust and the k&n intake of it fits, which is my next question for you all. CAI? They look cheap for this car. Does the k&N air charger fit my car?
If u like something that looks like stock the ST200 intake and aftermarket flat panel filter. Or u can drill a hole in the bottom of the air box like I did and add a panel filter. There are a lot of options out there too. But don’t expect much in the way of power. Mostly sound.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Does a crossover pipe really even do anything at all for a factory snail? [dunno]
If I recall correctly it bumped up torque and a tiny bit of HP. They should've stickied that thread.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
does anybody have a K&N on their fiesta?
Yes. It came with the intake on my tune, and fits the stock airbox. A lot of tuners just put a panel filter (K&N, or whatever) and call it good.
If you really want to hear the whoosh, there are cone type intakes. I think the mountune or ST200 design is probably better because they draw air from outside the engine bay, but they're not much louder than stock.

Yes. It came with the intake on my tune, and fits the stock airbox. A lot of tuners just put a panel filter (K&N, or whatever) and call it good.
If you really want to hear the whoosh, there are cone type intakes. I think the mountune or ST200 design is probably better because they draw air from outside the engine bay, but they're not much louder than stock.
And if you want full volume whooosh sounds, the 2J Racing cowl intake.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I believe that he was asking about the FULL K&N INTAKE SYSTEM, and not just their panel filter. [dunno]

OP
RainboChaser
Thread Starter #36
Yes the full intake, see I have a 2019 and I can’t find something good or what I want, if I go with a panel filter then I wanna get the piece that goes into the bumper that routs the air to the box.

OP
RainboChaser
Thread Starter #37
And I made my mind on a FSWerks sport exhaust cause I’ve had their stuff on my focus and seemed good quality for money.