Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finally making my introductions... better late than never.

Hi Folks, I'm not new technically but I never posted an introduction so here it is! I bought a brand new Oxford White 2017 at the end of last year for a great price and without a doubt the it is the best car I've ever owned. Previous cars were a VW Scirocco, ( Gen II), an Audi 90 Coupe Quattro, 2004 SVT Focus and an old 1995 SHO that was my wife's car. I drove an RS about six months prior to purchasing the FiST and to tell the truth, while the RS is an amazing car, it isn't more fun to drive. I'd love to have both in my garage but since I can only have one, I have no regrets in choosing the best performance car value ever. Ford has really dropped the ball in abandoning the car market in general and the performance segment in particular. They were selling some of the best performance cars available and all they needed to do was remember that half of success is showing up and the other half is persistence. Persistence. PERSISTENCE! VW and Subaru weren't an overnight success with the GTI and WRX and just as Ford is building a presence in the market segment they abandon it and us. UGH! But I digress. I have alway been car nut and am a member of SVTOA. Had my Focus on the track at Summit Point WV and Watkins Glen NY. I just did the STOA in Utah and I'm looking forward to autocrossing and tracking this baby as much as life will allow. I'll leave her alone for the most part and collect performance bits to put on when she's off warranty. Why Ford stopped with the optional Mountune warranty for the MP215 is another head scratcher, ( a nice way of saying DUMBA__ ). Anyway here's my list of the upgrades that will go into her: LSD, (Quaife or Wavetrac not sure which brand, feel free to give advice here.) Milltek Exhaust w/resonator, Koni yellows and maybe Vogtland progressive springs. The only problem is I can't afford to lower the car any more than it is so that's a big maybe. Also going to add mud flaps, A black wrap on the roof and the center of the front spoiler and tint the windows. Anybody have a good shark fin antenna to recommend? I'm thinking of getting Euro headlights and do the LED bulbs. Finally on the subject of a Tune I'm still trying to figure out if I should go Cobb or Mountune so again any input is welcome and of course I'll be checking the forums for insight there. Thanks all! EFFECTS.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Scootny
Thread Starter #3
Welcome and congrats. I personally feel the Wavetrac is the LSD to buy!
Thanks for that. Any particular reasons for going that way over the old standard? By way of disclosure I had a Torsen in my SVT Focus. You've got a helluva build going on that FiST of yours. What's it putting out? If I gave Randy a call will he fill me in on what pieces do what? Thanks.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thanks for that. Any particular reasons for going that way over the old standard? By way of disclosure I had a Torsen in my SVT Focus. You've got a helluva build going on that FiST of yours. What's it putting out? If I gave Randy a call will he fill me in on what pieces do what? Thanks.
Thank you, ya the Wavetrac is newer tech thats kinda cool plus the tech is patented which is interesting too. I can only guess on my numbers the only thing I have seen is 262 ftlbs of TQ and 230HP on my AP . I only got Randy’s Tunes because I bought the FB3 package for a good deal. it gave me a lot of parts for a good price and then I just added. I am probably changing out the Turbo and then I will get a custom tune for it from someone.
I am actually planning on getting a Wavetrac as well. Those are my last two mods besides tires and wheels

OP
Scootny
Thread Starter #9
Thank you, ya the Wavetrac is newer tech thats kinda cool plus the tech is patented which is interesting too. I can only guess on my numbers the only thing I have seen is 262 ftlbs of TQ and 230HP on my AP . I only got Randy’s Tunes because I bought the FB3 package for a good deal. it gave me a lot of parts for a good price and then I just added. I am probably changing out the Turbo and then I will get a custom tune for it from someone.
I am actually planning on getting a Wavetrac as well. Those are my last two mods besides tires and wheels
Very Cool. Thanks for the feedback and lmk when you put in the LSD and how you like it.