Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First Oil Change: Asked for Synth but got Semi Blend?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I did a full synthetic change for my first oil change, 7,500 miles. I've heard you can switch back and forth though between semi and full. That whole "you can't switch" thing is a myth apparently.
I researched this and that is a myth from what I read. Gonna get "The Works" this week which includes syn blend oil change. My first two oil changes were full syn blend.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The Works Service at Ford dealerships should include the oil that is recommended for your car.
In our case, synthetic blend, however you can always upgrade to full synthetic.

It is also recommended to facilitate proper engine brake-in that you use the synthetic blend for the first oil change and then if you wish, switch to full synthetic.

Now since both blend and full synthetic meet all of the manufacturers requirements there is no reason that either can be used at any time, in fact they could be mixed.
See this: http://www.answers.com/Q/Can_you_mix_full_synthetic_with_semi_synthetic_oil

I like to use full synthetic in turbo engines, but then that is my choice.

Dave

The last time I got a taxi ride I was chatting with the driver, he was a bit of a car guy which was cool; he had over 400,000km's (250K miles) on a Chrysler 300 with no major work of any kind done yet. He was telling me he would get way more on it before he was done... his secret, he gets Amsoil put in all of his cars the second they come off the lot.

I had my first oil change yesterday. The dealer put regular oil in. When I asked them to show me how the part number on the invoice was the equivalent of the synthetic or semi-synthetic specified in the owner's manual, the service manager was called over and admitted they had put the wrong oil in. The good news is, they immediately replaced it at no cost. The scary part is, they sell numerous ST and other Ecoboost models. How many cars have they put the wrong oil in? I can't believe that they have been missing this, especially since they get to charge more money for synthetic. You'd think they'd be forcing the more expensive oil on customers and using the warranty/manual as leverage to make people pay.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
What would happen if they put regular oil in it? I think they did the same with me and put a sticker my window to change oil in 3k miles.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
What would happen if they put regular oil in it? I think they did the same with me and put a sticker my window to change oil in 3k miles.
Don't think its going to do any damage...you just have to change the oil much sooner.

YIN

I had my first oil change yesterday. The dealer put regular oil in. When I asked them to show me how the part number on the invoice was the equivalent of the synthetic or semi-synthetic specified in the owner's manual, the service manager was called over and admitted they had put the wrong oil in. The good news is, they immediately replaced it at no cost. The scary part is, they sell numerous ST and other Ecoboost models. How many cars have they put the wrong oil in? I can't believe that they have been missing this, especially since they get to charge more money for synthetic. You'd think they'd be forcing the more expensive oil on customers and using the warranty/manual as leverage to make people pay.
What's is part number on your invoice?

Young L

old habits got the best of me, changed my oil at 1500 with castrol full syn 5w-20. I hit that track that weekend and cars up to 2500 now, no issues.

FistSt215

Just cracked 2k miles when should I schedule a oil change at ford ? They're running a special for motorcraft 5w 20 synthetic blend for 29.99. If I get the synthetic blend should I just stick with that ?