Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FMIC install time

Ok, I have the depo garage FMIC to install this coming weekend. I have installed 2 on FOST and 1 other (mountune) on a fiST but it was years ago. Assuming all goes as planned (never happens) what is the time frame I should be looking at, 3 hours? I have watched all the available videos but they all cut here and there and you cannot get an accurate time from of completion.

Yes, allow yourself 3 hours, I just installed a new fmic last week, super straight forward but a little tedious, especially alone.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
~3 hours sounds right. Getting the bumper off and remembering where all the fasteners go and how the liner lines up is most of the work, as I recall. The FMIC itself was easy, at least with the Mountune.

I just completed my Woosh V3 FMIC install last week and immediately purchased a Stage 2 91 OCT tune and a E30 tune from Dizzy... and the car feels so light on the new tune.

Timing depends on how fast your hands are at doing work. 3 hours is a good time if you're quick with your hands, efficient with your movement and don't get distracted easily. You're going to have to the following:

Remove your Headlights completely (remove 2 hard screws and a pop cap, remove the harness, and pop out the lights)
*** I decided to remove my wheels to get to the wheel well liner screws since it made the most sense to work in that area***
You're going to want to undo the bumper screws by the hood, and remove about 7 screws from the front wheel tunnel liners to get to 3 screws connecting the fenders to the front bumper (swivel extensions and extensions are super recommended because getting those 3 screws per side were a pain in the genitals to get to with Ford torquing the hell out of them)
You're going to remove 5 screws on the bottom of the front bumper connecting the front diffuser to the front bumper.
Youre goingt to remove the difusser by removing a couple of screws.
Once you remove the diffuser completely, the FMIC is held in by 2 screws.
Depending on the size of your FMIC, you may have to modify the center diffuser support so that the FMIC fits without catching the support and messing up your fins when your edging the fmic back into the brackets.
Swap out SMIC
Connect plumbing
throw difuser back on
throw front bumper back on
Reinstall head lights.

I took the opportunity to change out my oil as well to make use of the down time of the vehicle.

Depending on the change in the size in your current fmic to the upgraded fmic, if you have stock turbo installed, you're probably going to see a 1~2lbs of peak boost pressure. I felt some bog and slowdown with Cobb OTS Stage 1 91 oct tune where my peak boost when down from about 22.65lbs to about 21.16lbs of boost.

Running the new Tune changed the feeling of the car completely.

Take your time and make sure to put everything back and you should be good