Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

random high rpm-like noise when shifting after FMIC install?

Not sure if I'm going crazy, but I installed a cpe FMIC on my stock tune 2019 FIST and am now randomly hearing an odd sound when shifting.

I've had 3-4 times over a couple weeks when I'll be upshifting from 2-3 or 3-4 and when I step on the clutch it'll sound like the rpms shot up like as if I pressed the gas in neutral, instead of being quiet like it is 99% of the time. Foot is not on the gas. I wasn't able to see if the RPM jumped/surged so not 100% sure if it is RPM related. I also can't reliably recreate this issue - it's only happened a handful of times when I wasn't expecting it.

Any obvious reason a cpe/aftermarket FMIC on a stock tune could cause this noise when engaging clutch during upshifts (I think it was while aggressively driving, so 5k+ rpm)? I never had this sound while shifting before the aftermarket FMIC.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Doesn't seem like that would cause anything. I'd try to reproduce the sound and check the tach to see if it is revving.