Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Focus RS Now Confirmed for America

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #202
yeah...I have to agree Dave...Even with the RS marked up by $20K (which does sound a bit extreme for a markup) to $60K there will still be plenty of people with enough disposable income available who will be more than willing to purchase even at that mark up price to get their hands on a new FoRS...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Glad they are circulating their money, good for the economy, I will be more than happy to stick with my FiST.

If I really wanted to build a car that would kill an RS, many ways to go and for far less than $60k which makes me think of the 05 Forester XT I built with JDM and better everything under the hood and drive train, brakes, etc...18x9.5 street and track wheels, 18x10.5 autocross wheels, 1.6 60 ft on a parking lot surface pro solo practice....very quick SM class autocross and I past a full race STI on track.....still a great daily driver, ski car.......28MPG when a bit more more than cruising.....$30k in mods, only parted to stock and sold because I wanted a big step up and started building a World Challenge C6 bodied C5 Z06 full race car.

Not many cars that are bought for far more than the sticker price ever become worth it in the end.

But, for those that buy one for $60k, "it's your thing, do what your gonna do, I can't tell you, who to sock it to".

Rick

MOFiST

How can they mark the price up legally. Isn't that price gouging. I thought they'd be laws to prevent that. I know privately you can do what you want but a dealer?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
How can they mark the price up legally. Isn't that price gouging. I thought they'd be laws to prevent that. I know privately you can do what you want but a dealer?
They have all been doing it for many years now.
Capitalism at it's best.

Remember the dealership is not owned by the manufacturers, they just represent them.
The cars are sold to and then owned by the dealership, therefore they can do what ever they want with them.
Even the manufacturers charge the dealerships different prices based on the volume purchases.

Dave

MOFiST

Capitalism at it's best.

Remember the dealership is not owned by the manufacturers, they just represent them.
The cars are sold to and then owned by the dealership, therefore they can do what ever they want with them.
Even the manufacturers charge the dealerships different prices based on the volume purchases.

Dave
I guess it makes sense on some deranged level. I know Aussies will probably get like 50 for our entire country at a wild guess and my bet it'll be $75k+ Aussie maybe more as our dollar just tanked against the green back.
I just fell in love with my car all over again. lol

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Wow okay ridiculous, I thought the RS isn't a limited edition model, maybe only in the first year?

airjor13

2000 Post Club
One day I hope Tesla like direct sales will be the normal, not the dealership model, maybe not in my lifetime

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Everything right now is rumor and speculation. People may be putting money down or claiming that they'll spend $60k on it, but once the rubber hits the road we'll start to see the truth. It's very easy to remove a down-payment one you've realized you made a stupid decision.

The RS has always been limited production and usually ends up selling below cost towards the end. How true that is for the Mk3 is yet to be seen but I wouldn't get too hung up on 'confirmed' or 'reliable' sources right now. There are no ordered RS models yet and Ford probably won't open the ordering banks for a few more months.

JasonHaven

Capitalism at it's best.

Dave
I yearn for the day when I can just order a car direct from the manufacturer and have it delivered. Dealerships and their sales staffs are the worst, and make what should be an enjoyable experience stupidly stressful and miserable.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
How can they sell a car with no price? Are the order books open for it already?
You are of course correct, a car can not be sold until it is at the dealership.

However some people have placed a deposit with a commitment to buy.
And yes people can change their minds and back out so the offer goes to the next person on the list.

Dave

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
WOW at 60K or even 50K that crosses the threshold of so many other nice cars..

airjor13

2000 Post Club
WOW at 60K or even 50K that crosses the threshold of so many other nice cars..
I thought 35-37k would be a sweet spot and be within reason. Now this 40-60k range is just ridiculous, who exactly is Ford aiming for? At 60k I a buying a brand new base M3/M4 or used GTR

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I thought 35-37k would be a sweet spot and be within reason. Now this 40-60k range is just ridiculous, who exactly is Ford aiming for? At 60k I a buying a brand new base M3/M4 or used GTR
Exactly.. 35k and they would be stealing sales from Subaru, evo, golf r crowd.

60k??? No way. shit, I've seen used gtr's for 45-50k

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I recently saw the guy from Smoking Tire do a New Audi S3 Stage 2 track review and he was very imressed with it and it track prowness.

[video=youtube_share;tsTIG61Sd0g]http://youtu.be/tsTIG61Sd0g[/video]