Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Focus RS Now Confirmed for America

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
All we can do now is just wait and find out for sure.

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I would buy this instead and for less than $60k

2015 Corvette Stingray Coupe 1LT with Z51 Performance Package
Price$65,445*
MSRP1 from $60,000
Destination Freight Charge $995
Options
19" front/20" rear, Z51 5-split spoke Silver-painted aluminum wheels $0
6.2L V8 DI engine Standard
7-speed manual transmission $0
Magnetic Selective Ride Control? $1,795
Competition Sport bucket seats $2,495
Accessories
Front Aero Panel $160
Options and Accessories Total $4,450**
Total MSRP $65,445
Price $65,445*

I would buy this instead and for less than $60k

2015 Corvette Stingray Coupe 1LT with Z51 Performance Package
Price$65,445*
MSRP1 from $60,000
Destination Freight Charge $995
Options
19" front/20" rear, Z51 5-split spoke Silver-painted aluminum wheels $0
6.2L V8 DI engine Standard
7-speed manual transmission $0
Magnetic Selective Ride Control? $1,795
Competition Sport bucket seats $2,495
Accessories
Front Aero Panel $160
Options and Accessories Total $4,450**
Total MSRP $65,445
Price $65,445*
I'll do you one better:

2003 C5 Z06 for whtever ridiculously cheap price they are running for these days, build up the LS6 in it already OR swap in the LT4. What do I do with all the extra moolah? Oh, I dont know, invest in my kids college fund, invest in my retirement, buy lots of ice cream, etc.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I recently saw the guy from Smoking Tire do a New Audi S3 Stage 2 track review and he was very imressed with it and it track prowness.

[video=youtube_share;tsTIG61Sd0g]http://youtu.be/tsTIG61Sd0g[/video]
I love the s3. But after owning 5 older volkswagens/audis and being a part of that community for a while, it would have to be a damn near perfect car for me to back to them.

Mine just always had something wrong with them.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I love the s3. But after owning 5 older volkswagens/audis and being a part of that community for a while, it would have to be a damn near perfect car for me to back to them.

Mine just always had something wrong with them.
Like any car with a fanboy following some are good some are not so good. We love our New Golf R so far but it is still new ;) cant wait for the first dealer service bill.. Yikes ;)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I had an 02 Z06 but it was a pure race car, the 06 C6 I had was very modded including a $$$ custom diff with better ratios, 13" wide rear wheels, it was faster than a stock Z06 and only bolt ons for the LS2 engine, I was going to just do a head and cam package proven to make close to 500WHP on 91 octane next and I also had full race built LS1 that made 531 on 91 with restricted heads as built for a race class, it would make close to 600 with a $2k head upgrade and spinning to 7.8k it was designed to do as well as it could handle enough boost to make over 1000 HP. When I sold the Vettes it was with the plan to buy a C7 with no intentions of getting the Z06 as a well setup C7 is more than fast enough. IMHO really big power number street cars are pretty useless for actually driving them and some just dangerous and ego feeders to brag about, I have only delved into the lower end of the super powered cars and find I do not care for them, my FiST is far more than fast enough as is and I can use it but mainly will do so on the track where on the right course I may want a bit more;)

Personally I find AWD not as engaging to drive at speed, just to easy, RWD is more fun, FWD the most challenging to setup the chassis and drive it right but the most rewarding. I have built many fast cars and driven hundreds of thousands of miles at speed, but that is just my experience and preference, we are all a bit different, sure glad we are.

Wow okay ridiculous, I thought the RS isn't a limited edition model, maybe only in the first year?
My answer to this will be a little bit longer and I hope my English is good enough to explain what I want to say.

First it seems that you guys in the USA have the same problem that we here in Germany have with the new Mustang. Altough both cars will be offered worldwide
not every dealer could get the number of cars they could sell. Here in Germany it is so that not every dealer is allowed to sell Mustangs. And these dealers that are
allowed to sell them get's only a small number. For example the dealer where I bought my FiST only gets 200 - 300 Mustangs for the whole time the Stang is build.
When they are sold the dealer don't get another Mustang.

So now to the Focus RS. It is not limited by numbers. But the RS will be limited by the numbers of cars the plant in Saarlouis, Germany can build cars per day and suppliers can give
the parts for the RS. At the plant in Saarlouis, where the RS will be build for the whole world market, is not only the RS who is build there. The plant build the Focus, the Focus Station Wagon,
the C-Max and the Grand C-Max. And these cars are running good in Europe and the other markets where they are offered. The max. output of the plant at the Moment is 1800 cars per day for these 4 models. The RS will be the 5th car which will be build in this plant. I guess there willbe 20 - 30 RS per day which will be build. Perhaps more or less. I don't know exactly.
And the core market for the RS will be Europe and espacially the UK and Germany.

A little story for the Cologne, Germany plant which is building the European FiST. Ford was planning to selling 4.000 - 4.500 FiST every year. But after six months when the FiST hits the market there has been orders for over 12.000 FiST's. This was a huge problem for the suppliers with the special ST parts to deliver them just in time. So this problems can factitiously limit the production of cars like the ST or RS. I had to wait 6 months for my FiST due to those problems and I don't have had a chance to get the car earlier although I work for Ford Motor Company Germany.

I hope for you all that everyone who wants a RS can get one. But it could be a long waiting.

TheStig

My answer to this will be a little bit longer and I hope my English is good enough to explain what I want to say.

First it seems that you guys in the USA have the same problem that we here in Germany have with the new Mustang. Altough both cars will be offered worldwide
not every dealer could get the number of cars they could sell. Here in Germany it is so that not every dealer is allowed to sell Mustangs. And these dealers that are
allowed to sell them get's only a small number. For example the dealer where I bought my FiST only gets 200 - 300 Mustangs for the whole time the Stang is build.
When they are sold the dealer don't get another Mustang.

So now to the Focus RS. It is not limited by numbers. But the RS will be limited by the numbers of cars the plant in Saarlouis, Germany can build cars per day and suppliers can give
the parts for the RS. At the plant in Saarlouis, where the RS will be build for the whole world market, is not only the RS who is build there. The plant build the Focus, the Focus Station Wagon,
the C-Max and the Grand C-Max. And these cars are running good in Europe and the other markets where they are offered. The max. output of the plant at the Moment is 1800 cars per day for these 4 models. The RS will be the 5th car which will be build in this plant. I guess there willbe 20 - 30 RS per day which will be build. Perhaps more or less. I don't know exactly.
And the core market for the RS will be Europe and espacially the UK and Germany.

A little story for the Cologne, Germany plant which is building the European FiST. Ford was planning to selling 4.000 - 4.500 FiST every year. But after six months when the FiST hits the market there has been orders for over 12.000 FiST's. This was a huge problem for the suppliers with the special ST parts to deliver them just in time. So this problems can factitiously limit the production of cars like the ST or RS. I had to wait 6 months for my FiST due to those problems and I don't have had a chance to get the car earlier although I work for Ford Motor Company Germany.

I hope for you all that everyone who wants a RS can get one. But it could be a long waiting.
Have a like my german friend, you need to chime in more often. Love information like this!

Great insight thanks for that! Very cool you work for Ford in Germany
No problem. When I have information to share I will do.

But there are some informations as an employee for Ford that are case sensitive and I'm not allowed to share.

For example: I have seen the new Focus RS 2 days before the big announcement and it was absolutely prohibited to take pictures and share them with the whole world.
And I have seen some other prototypes in the past of cars that are now on the market. So these are informations I am not allowed to share.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
No problem. When I have information to share I will do.

But there are some informations as an employee for Ford that are case sensitive and I'm not allowed to share.

For example: I have seen the new Focus RS 2 days before the big announcement and it was absolutely prohibited to take pictures and share them with the whole world.
And I have seen some other prototypes in the past of cars that are now on the market. So these are informations I am not allowed to share.
Completely understandable sir!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #234