Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fog Light Delete / Brake Cold Air Duct

For those of you that have these, any issues routing the 2.5" hose duct to the front discs on either side? I've heard the windshield wiper reservoir might make it difficult.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

OP
ray_bandz0
Thread Starter #3
Have you already installed the Boomba deflectors? Ducting would obviously be better but ....
I'd like to try the deflectors and I'm sure they help with fade but I'd also rather not risk boiling the caliper paint off during a track session if I can avoid it.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
So far, two HPDE seasons at Thunderhill which is almost always ~100 and haven't melted the caliper paint yet. I took 2020 off, but I plan to return in 2021 with the Boomba deflectors.

Yes, the bottom of the windshield washer reservoir will be in the way. The shop got around that by cutting the bottom and ABS welding it back together short enough to clear for my car when I had ducts installed. I think I can dig up the pictures, and I'll edit this if I can find them.

EDIT: Well, I don't have the picture of the modified washer reservoir I thought I did.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
ray_bandz0
Thread Starter #6
Yes, the bottom of the windshield washer reservoir will be in the way. The shop got around that by cutting the bottom and ABS welding it back together short enough to clear for my car when I had ducts installed. I think I can dig up the pictures, and I'll edit this if I can find them.

Thank you that's what I was looking for. I was hoping I wouldn't have to retrofit anything but it looks like that isn't the case.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry. I replaced my ducts with upgraded fog lights earlier this year and it was tighter than I expected on the driver's side even with the shortened reservoir.

If you're looking for other options for ducts (and not deflectors), I have seen some other people use ducts that didn't route through the fog bezel and they avoid this issue. The best of those designs used the air dam to hold the inlets, and the hose didn't hang too much lower than the air dam.