Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Foglamp question

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'll go out on a limb and suggest the OE's really have no business being called "fog lamps/lights", they suck. They improve the headlights....barely. I don't think all the bulbs in the world will make a difference. I did change mine out for Luxeon LEDs which seem to improve basic lighting, but I'm not headed to 24hr du Mans anytime soon. Maybe they're made by Joseph Lucas, the Prince of Darkness??
I LIKE that last line above! [thumb] [histerical]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
OK, here are the pics! Very unscientific, I tried to get as far back as I could in my driveway but am facing downhill and only about 15 feet away, so keep that in mind

JUST headlights for reference....
IMG_20191030_063800.jpg

With white fog added see how it blends in with the headlights while giving the same color light as my LED headlights but adds coverage down low without added high glare:
IMG_20191030_063752.jpg

Just white fogs! Yes, I WAS able to drive in complete darkness with just these, but obviously not recommended! :)
IMG_20191030_063701.jpg

Remember I am facing downhill, with Yellow fogs only.... notice how they shoot lower than white. I put the aiming screw all the way facing down to get the white that shoots higher and blends in with headlights and yellow shooting low
IMG_20191030_063732.jpg

And lastly, headlights with yellow fogs:
IMG_20191030_063744.jpg

Overall I'm VERY happy! Now getting the lower T25 screw out of the lower driver side was a bitch, you definitely want to just pull your headlights and do from above with a stubby T25 screwdriver, I didn't have one so I had to add a T25 bit to a 1/4 socket on a 1/4" drive and it was a bear to get that one driver side lower screw. There are only 2 screws used the other 2 are just posts to mount to.

Anyway, I'm sure those known kits that are 2-3x the money are even better, but these are awesome value!

(I'll be crossposting this to a new thread for visibility...)

SrsBsns

Dan, I seem to just follow you on mod progression. Thanks for doing the HW and always being so in-depth with these kinds of write ups.

OK, here are the pics! Very unscientific, I tried to get as far back as I could in my driveway but am facing downhill and only about 15 feet away, so keep that in mind

View attachment 24759

With white fog added see how it blends in with the headlights while giving the same color light as my LED headlights but adds coverage down low without added high glare:
View attachment 24761

Just white fogs! Yes, I WAS able to drive in complete darkness with just these, but obviously not recommended! :)
View attachment 24760

Remember I am facing downhill, with Yellow fogs only.... notice how they shoot lower than white. I put the aiming screw all the way facing down to get the white that shoots higher and blends in with headlights and yellow shooting low
View attachment 24764

View attachment 24765

Overall I'm VERY happy! Now getting the lower T25 screw out of the lower driver side was a bitch, you definitely want to just pull your headlights and do from above with a stubby T25 screwdriver, I didn't have one so I had to add a T25 bit to a 1/4 socket on a 1/4" drive and it was a bear to get that one driver side lower screw. There are only 2 screws used the other 2 are just posts to mount to.

Anyway, I'm sure those known kits that are 2-3x the money are even better, but these are awesome value!

Wow! For me, those pictures tend to me to pull the trigger. Really nice. I will add it to my Amazon shopping car. The fitment is plug and play right?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Dan, are those the led fog lamps you posted with amber bulbs? Thats pretty much what im looking for in fog lamp output. I may save up and go euro projector headlamps.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Wow! For me, those pictures tend to me to pull the trigger. Really nice. I will add it to my Amazon shopping car. The fitment is plug and play right?
Yes, plug and play, they pop right into the exact spot. There is a very small gap in the front but barely noticeable. I think they are 95%+ as good, if not equal to the Diode Dynamics.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Dan, are those the led fog lamps you posted with amber bulbs? Thats pretty much what im looking for in fog lamp output. I may save up and go euro projector headlamps.
That was someone else who posted the amber ones, I agree they look great! Those are just bulbs he accidently ordered in the wrong color, these have the LEDs all built in and don't take bulbs, you would likely have to find empty projector housings, I've seen them on AliExpress that take the standard H11 bulb.

Last edited:

View attachment 24759

View attachment 24761

View attachment 24760

View attachment 24764

View attachment 24765

Could you do some pics while driving? I see that the yellow is less bright than the white?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Sorry, I tried to but they came out really bad... I HAVE noticed that there is definitely some high, all-over glare added while running the white color, I could see light all over way up high on tall trees along the road that goes away when I turn off the fogs, but I have not been flashed once yet... that really shows how clean my Euro projectors put out, even with added glare from the fogs no one has flashed me!

Sorry, I tried to but they came out really bad... I HAVE noticed that there is definitely some high, all-over glare added while running the white color, I could see light all over way up high on tall trees along the road that goes away when I turn off the fogs, but I have not been flashed once yet... that really shows how clean my Euro projectors put out, even with added glare from the fogs no one has flashed me!
I ended up buying these as well. I’m doing new low beam LED bulbs and a V3 intercooler as well as swapping these in the next week or so. I’ll try to get pics as well to contribute to what danbfree started.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I ended up buying these as well. I’m doing new low beam LED bulbs and a V3 intercooler as well as swapping these in the next week or so. I’ll try to get pics as well to contribute to what danbfree started.
There are some very specific low beams LED's that work well with the stock reflector headlights, if you need any advice on those I have that other big thread as well and can also say quickly that I would go with the "Cougar Motor X-small" for the H11 low beams as the best choice.

There are some very specific low beams LED's that work well with the stock reflector headlights, if you need any advice on those I have that other big thread as well and can also say quickly that I would go with the "Cougar Motor X-small" for the H11 low beams as the best choice.
I did read that thread and based on the recommendation I have the cougars waiting to be installed. I have the high beam in my amazon cart but the adapter doesn’t ship prime and shows as late as Christmas for delivery. I will probably order those after I am happy the the low beams. I hardly use high beams around my driving area anyway.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I did read that thread and based on the recommendation I have the cougars waiting to be installed. I have the high beam in my amazon cart but the adapter doesn’t ship prime and shows as late as Christmas for delivery. I will probably order those after I am happy the the low beams. I hardly use high beams around my driving area anyway.
Right on, let us know/post a Pic in the LED headlight thread! If you really want the H1's for high beams you can search for "Ford H1 bulb holder" and your see some options for Prime at $8.99 and not -Prime for $8 plus 5% off.. which is steep, but wondering if they aren't made any more and inventory is winding down too... hmm.

Right on, let us know/post a Pic in the LED headlight thread! If you really want the H1's for high beams you can search for "Ford H1 bulb holder" and your see some options for Prime at $8.99 and not -Prime for $8 plus 5% off.. which is steep, but wondering if they aren't made any more and inventory is winding down too... hmm.
Ok. Did my FMIC as well as changed low beams and installed the fogs while the bumper was off which made it very easy. BUT, once I got the bumper reinstalled and tested headlights we tested the fogs and NOTHING. Check connections again, checked fuse but nothing came on. We then disconnected and hooked stock fogs up below bumper and they came right on. So two DOA. It was much harder taking them out and reinstalling the factory ones while the bumper was on the car! I’m returning them, and debating buying again to see.
headlights look good but the yellowish factory bulbs definitely need to go.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ok. Did my FMIC as well as changed low beams and installed the fogs while the bumper was off which made it very easy. BUT, once I got the bumper reinstalled and tested headlights we tested the fogs and NOTHING. Check connections again, checked fuse but nothing came on. We then disconnected and hooked stock fogs up below bumper and they came right on. So two DOA. It was much harder taking them out and reinstalling the factory ones while the bumper was on the car! I’m returning them, and debating buying again to see.
headlights look good but the yellowish factory bulbs definitely need to go.
Did you flip the connectors? Regardless if they looked right? Some bulbs/headlights/fogs require you to reverse the connection, despite what it looks like...

Did you flip the connectors? Regardless if they looked right? Some bulbs/headlights/fogs require you to reverse the connection, despite what it looks like...
They appeared and felt like they only fit one way. I did try spinning around but that didn’t fit the other way even with some pressure. The way they did connect had positive lock on the connector. I may try again with a reorder Or just go with diode dynamics.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
They appeared and felt like they only fit one way. I did try spinning around but that didn’t fit the other way even with some pressure. The way they did connect had positive lock on the connector. I may try again with a reorder Or just go with diode dynamics.
So weird... I absolutely love mine, I'd try an exchange first before you spend double + but of course up to you man...