Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Contour SVT wheels and 5mm spacers H&R

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah. I like the section width and sidewall too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
IF they made the Neo Gen, or a bunch of the other good, name brand all seasons in that size, they would be on my daily driver Dekagrams right now. [:(]

If the Vredestein was not so pedestrian looking, and overly 'sipey', (and co$tly for what they are) I would have gone with them.
I may still consider the 215/45-16 Quatrac 5s even over a 205/45 Neo Gen when the 205/50s wear out (the 205/50 Neo Gens rub, for some reason, even on the factory suspension, I'm guessing excessive section width combined with 24.1" diameter?).

Last edited:
OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
......I may still consider the 215/45-16 Quatrac 5s even over a 205/45 Neo Gen when the 205/50s wear out (the 205/50 Neo Gens rub, for some reason, even on the factory suspension, I'm guessing excessive section width combined with 24.1" diameter?).
M-sport, Where are the 205/50's rubbing? Inner or outer side wall? Or inner or outer corner/edge? And you have them on an 8" wheel, right? What's the offset?

Last edited:
OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Been curious about CSVT wheels, OP did you ever get them painted and on? Any chance they’re hub centric?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are 63.4 bore and fit over the 5mm spacers perfectly. 6 turns on the nuts instead of 9. I'm thrilled. I had 4 on the Volvo wagon and drove that through hell and back w/o an issue. Making a final decision on tires this week so I can get them on in time for STOA in two weeks.

There was a slight issue with the powder coating on 3 of the 5 wheels and I'm waiting on them to respond again. I will not say anything more at this time. I am giving them the opportunity to make it right. I have already applied 3 coats of paint sealant and they are slick as..... it's the same stuff I used on the Volvo and the FiST.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
M-sport, Where are the 205/50's rubbing? Inner or outer side wall? Or inner or outer corner/edge? And you have them on an 8" wheel, right? What's the offset?
It is really hard to tell exactly where they are rubbing, but I hear it plain as day (and I probably have THE absolute worst hearing of anyone on here!), mostly at slow speeds, and very high steering angles, while simultaneously braking, as in; pulling into a parking spot.
I NEVER hear it at all when semi-'hooning around' on back roads around here. [???:)]

They are on 16x8 Dekas with their standard 40ET

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
.....(and I probably have THE absolute worst hearing of anyone on here!)
I wish. I got SSHL in my left ear 6 years ago. I only hear loud, lower frequencies such as drums, bass, sirens, planes, trains and buses. And I'm the guy that wore hearing protection in the military and bars and concerts for decades. I still wear it in both ears hoping I can get a nerve transplant one day. An example of my left is attached.

Attachments

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Well.........I got the wheels back and they are better than the previous color that was more purple than the sample bottle. How they look all depends on the sunlight or streetlights. High pressure sodium makes them look different than Mercury Vapor of course. The color looks great by ITSELF, but I don't like it against the dark, gunmetal grey of the car. And your displays will vary, even mine. It looks different in person. Since the summer tires were just mounted, I'll use them next year and see how much it bothers me. If it does, well, I think I'll go white. WHICH white? fudge if I know.... If the car had any blue trim, it would help. Oh well, live and learn. Yes, you told me so.....

So, color aside, how do you like the SVT five spoke?
Now, how about the blue color on mag grey?

Attachments

Last edited:
How are you liking the Indy's in 205/50? Experiencing any of the rubbing others have experienced with this tire size?

Have a set of 16x7 wheels that need new tires and keep going back and forth between 205/45 and 205/50. I feel the 45's can sometimes look two small and 50's look to big depending on the tire. Are you happy with this size or would you go with 205/45 next time?

I'm split between the Indy's in either size or possibly going with 215/45 Federal st-1's if I can find them.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
How are you liking the Indy's in 205/50? Experiencing any of the rubbing others have experienced with this tire size?

Have a set of 16x7 wheels that need new tires and keep going back and forth between 205/45 and 205/50. I feel the 45's can sometimes look two small and 50's look to big depending on the tire. Are you happy with this size or would you go with 205/45 next time?
There are others here with years of experience on the two sizes and I'll let them help you decide. Search and read on these two sizes in the tire thread. That's what I used for reference.

Given the weather/temperature here in Virginia, I only had them on for a week. What I can say is: who cares cares how they look. It's a bonus when things make the car look better, but not a requirement. The svt wheels were awful and had to be cleaned up. I chose the wrong color and now it's 'oh well', live w/that decision.

The 205/50's are super comfortable and no more harshness, but that's just common sense. The sidewall is ~1" higher. I was torn over which size to get too. Since mine will never see a track, DD comfort was the priority, so 205/50 was the only choice.

Having said that, I knew I was not going back to the 17's after I wore them down. Well....along came a set of 16" sparco wheels and the price was right. They came with Indy 205/45's <1k miles. I don't need both sets, so most likely I will test both sizes and sell the tires I don't want. I'll keep the wheels and put snow or a/s on them.

The 205/50 look great in the pictures you provided. Wasn't to worried about the looks after seeing them on your car and more interested if you noticed any rubbing with the set you have.

My fiesta is currently on 15x7 with 185/60's that look like ballons and wanted to avoid looking oversized with the 16x7 when I swap them back (tires are done).

The 16x7's have 205/45's that looked great but still beat up the car on rough back roads and potholes.

I was set in 205/50/16 Indy 500 as replacements but just worried about rubbing. Seems to be mixed reviews from everything I've read and wanted your opinion. Currently stock suspension like you but have a set of coilovers that will be but on later.