Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Contour SVT wheels and 5mm spacers H&R

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah. I like the section width and sidewall too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
IF they made the Neo Gen, or a bunch of the other good, name brand all seasons in that size, they would be on my daily driver Dekagrams right now. [:(]

If the Vredestein was not so pedestrian looking, and overly 'sipey', (and co$tly for what they are) I would have gone with them.
I may still consider the 215/45-16 Quatrac 5s even over a 205/45 Neo Gen when the 205/50s wear out (the 205/50 Neo Gens rub, for some reason, even on the factory suspension, I'm guessing excessive section width combined with 24.1" diameter?).

Last edited:
OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

Premium Account
Thread Starter #24
......I may still consider the 215/45-16 Quatrac 5s even over a 205/45 Neo Gen when the 205/50s wear out (the 205/50 Neo Gens rub, for some reason, even on the factory suspension, I'm guessing excessive section width combined with 24.1" diameter?).
M-sport, Where are the 205/50's rubbing? Inner or outer side wall? Or inner or outer corner/edge? And you have them on an 8" wheel, right? What's the offset?

Last edited:
OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

Premium Account
Thread Starter #25
Been curious about CSVT wheels, OP did you ever get them painted and on? Any chance they’re hub centric?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are 63.4 bore and fit over the 5mm spacers perfectly. 6 turns on the nuts instead of 9. I'm thrilled. I had 4 on the Volvo wagon and drove that through hell and back w/o an issue. Making a final decision on tires this week so I can get them on in time for STOA in two weeks.

There was a slight issue with the powder coating on 3 of the 5 wheels and I'm waiting on them to respond again. I will not say anything more at this time. I am giving them the opportunity to make it right. I have already applied 3 coats of paint sealant and they are slick as..... it's the same stuff I used on the Volvo and the FiST.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
M-sport, Where are the 205/50's rubbing? Inner or outer side wall? Or inner or outer corner/edge? And you have them on an 8" wheel, right? What's the offset?
It is really hard to tell exactly where they are rubbing, but I hear it plain as day (and I probably have THE absolute worst hearing of anyone on here!), mostly at slow speeds, and very high steering angles, while simultaneously braking, as in; pulling into a parking spot.
I NEVER hear it at all when semi-'hooning around' on back roads around here. [???:)]

They are on 16x8 Dekas with their standard 40ET

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

Premium Account
Thread Starter #27
.....(and I probably have THE absolute worst hearing of anyone on here!)
I wish. I got SSHL in my left ear 6 years ago. I only hear loud, lower frequencies such as drums, bass, sirens, planes, trains and buses. And I'm the guy that wore hearing protection in the military and bars and concerts for decades. I still wear it in both ears hoping I can get a nerve transplant one day. An example of my left is attached.

Attachments