Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford to Offer Complimentary ST Octane Academy Driving Experience for Ford Fiesta ST Owners

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Though it is far away for many of you there are good reasons why the school is there and number one is that it is a very good place to have a school, very safe, can see the whole track, tons of run off room, lots of paddock, garages, not many tracks have what MMP has to offer. It was a major reason I moved to Utah in 2006 as wanted to go faster and learn how to on a safe track.

MMP is about 1.5 hours for me but I live here in Utah, for a short time longer that is, I have made the trip to MMP dozens of times, driven the track dozens of times, have not in a few years because of driving it, dozens of times......I plan to drive it as many times as I can get out there in the next few months after getting all the mods done, need to get it dialed in before I hit all the tracks with far less room for error.

I was building what would of been a very very fast LS powered M3 with MMP being my home track I felt comfortable developing and learning to drive a 600HP, 2300lb, massive aero, all our suspension, etc, the goal was to make it the fastest E36, ever. When I decided to retire and focus on going full time RVing with a plans to drive allthe tracks of my dreams that car simply was just to much for the purpose. I started building a 332ti, 300 HP, $30k instead of the $90-100k M3 street/track car that barely fit in our trailer but while in CA I test drove a FiST and bought it, it will never be quite as fast as the 332ti but it will be far less work to build, more reliable, easier to load and unload, lighter, more comfortable, safer, look far cooler...and dang fast as they are already quick, I am optimizing all it has to offer and adding more to the mix, I am going to have a huge amount of fun with it and am just doing the mods:)

Anyway, sorry it is to far for some of you but I do ask that you reconsider, you will learn things you just do not know and will be glad you went. I spent a great deal on a 3 day Corvette School when I bought a used Vette race car as had never driven a modern Vette and planned to upgrade the car significantly into a very very fast car. I thought I knew all the tricks of driving quickly and especially day to day, emergency avoidance manuevers, etc...I had decades of experience in all sorts of weather and on all surfaces and had done very well but I learned some incredible things I just never knew. The last day I got to run 8 twenty minute sessions all out in a Z06, at the end of the day I was asked to come back for a big Vette meet to help instruct, wow, that blew me away, they were that impressed with what I could do and said I had the right demeaner to instruct (beginner students that is). If not for getting a special deal at SEMA and taking the course in January, it would of cost around $4k with the flight, room, tuition, etc....it was still over $3k. Getting a day of professional instruction for free, just pay to get there and a room, etc... damn cheap fun and 99% of us will learn from it. I have a ton of track time, hundreds of thousands of miles of fast driving, I learned a great deal and the Vette school, I have often said it was more fun than my first two honeymoons, and I am taking the Octane Academy with intentions of learning some new things and loosening up the rust as no track time in a few years, not just because it is free and I am close by.

Good Day:)
Rick

MMP rules. One of the best facilities in the country.

My dates are June 8th & 9th if anyone else is going, see you there!

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Though it is far away for many of you there are good reasons why the school is there and number one is that it is a very good place to have a school, very safe, can see the whole track, tons of run off room, lots of paddock, garages, not many tracks have what MMP has to offer. It was a major reason I moved to Utah in 2006 as wanted to go faster and learn how to on a safe track.

MMP is about 1.5 hours for me but I live here in Utah, for a short time longer that is, I have made the trip to MMP dozens of times, driven the track dozens of times, have not in a few years because of driving it, dozens of times......I plan to drive it as many times as I can get out there in the next few months after getting all the mods done, need to get it dialed in before I hit all the tracks with far less room for error.

I was building what would of been a very very fast LS powered M3 with MMP being my home track I felt comfortable developing and learning to drive a 600HP, 2300lb, massive aero, all our suspension, etc, the goal was to make it the fastest E36, ever. When I decided to retire and focus on going full time RVing with a plans to drive allthe tracks of my dreams that car simply was just to much for the purpose. I started building a 332ti, 300 HP, $30k instead of the $90-100k M3 street/track car that barely fit in our trailer but while in CA I test drove a FiST and bought it, it will never be quite as fast as the 332ti but it will be far less work to build, more reliable, easier to load and unload, lighter, more comfortable, safer, look far cooler...and dang fast as they are already quick, I am optimizing all it has to offer and adding more to the mix, I am going to have a huge amount of fun with it and am just doing the mods:)

Anyway, sorry it is to far for some of you but I do ask that you reconsider, you will learn things you just do not know and will be glad you went. I spent a great deal on a 3 day Corvette School when I bought a used Vette race car as had never driven a modern Vette and planned to upgrade the car significantly into a very very fast car. I thought I knew all the tricks of driving quickly and especially day to day, emergency avoidance manuevers, etc...I had decades of experience in all sorts of weather and on all surfaces and had done very well but I learned some incredible things I just never knew. The last day I got to run 8 twenty minute sessions all out in a Z06, at the end of the day I was asked to come back for a big Vette meet to help instruct, wow, that blew me away, they were that impressed with what I could do and said I had the right demeaner to instruct (beginner students that is). If not for getting a special deal at SEMA and taking the course in January, it would of cost around $4k with the flight, room, tuition, etc....it was still over $3k. Getting a day of professional instruction for free, just pay to get there and a room, etc... damn cheap fun and 99% of us will learn from it. I have a ton of track time, hundreds of thousands of miles of fast driving, I learned a great deal and the Vette school, I have often said it was more fun than my first two honeymoons, and I am taking the Octane Academy with intentions of learning some new things and loosening up the rust as no track time in a few years, not just because it is free and I am close by.

Good Day:)
Rick
yup.

Doing STOA is the best mod you can do - Driver upgrade.
A fast car is useless with a slow driver, and a slow car can be fast with a quick driver.

It's a lot of value for what you get out of it... and airfare isn't that bad, I rented a bigass hotel room and that was still under $100/night.
If I was SUPER cheap I'd skip the Hoonigan reception and just go on race day, as some folks did.