Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford to Offer Complimentary ST Octane Academy Driving Experience for Ford Fiesta ST Owners

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I'd like to get it in before AutoX season opens here in April provided the ice/snow is gone LOL

Whats the weather like out the in SLC in late April Early May ??

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
According to the weather Almanac it was an average 47 degrees in April.

May was an average of 57 degrees and June was 69.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Quick down and dirty for me with Airfare room and car rental is a grand including food and stuff ;)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Flight for me is about $350 round trip. Figure another $200 for food and hotel, overall not too bad.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
My plan was to drive out there and camp out each night along the way. A good ole 'murican road trip.
That would be awesome! You should do a documentary and post pictures along the way.

I registered myself for June 12-13 opening, it was filling up way too fast.

TheStig

I gotta look into this and see if my Mama wants to go. She has a 2013 BRZ Limited 6speed, and im sure would enjoy hucking around a FoST and FiST for the hell of it. May even spring for the additional day.

If there is even still dates available. Right now the site says registration is down for maintenance.

Looks awesome!

Wife just told me I WILL be going. She said I'd be pissed off at myself, if I didn't. Have to look at my work schedule to find a day in the Summer. Drop the kids off at their grandparents, and us make the drive. I think it'll be something like 14hrs.

Perry

lol...I was a little off. Try a 24hr driving trip! Will have to think about this! -.-
You must be down around Houston, am I right? Long haul from there. It's about 16 hr from where I am in KC. Long, long day or two manageable days. Thinking seriously about it nonetheless. If I hadn't just used up all my flight miles I would consider flying into SLC.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Received an email yesterday about the schedule.

Daily Schedule
Day 1 includes the following:
  • Classroom session (approximately 30 minutes)
  • Skid car exercises
  • Braking exercises
  • Forward/Reverse 180s and parking box. What's a parking box? Well, have you ever wanted to do a handbrake turn into a parking spot? Here's your chance!
  • UrbanX practice session [see course below]
  • Timed competition on the UrbanX course
  • On Track lead-and-follow session (you follow the instructor)
  • On Track instructor ride-along (instructor rides as passenger)
  • On Track hot laps (you ride as passenger with instructor driving)
  • Kart race to end the day

Second-Day Options:
  • Any students interested in staying over and playing for an extra day have five choices:
  • GT Performance Clinic
  • Raptor Assault Experience
  • Raptor Assault One-Day School
  • Mustang Experience
  • Ford Racing School (one- and two-day)

I was reading up on it. Does anyone have an idea on what the insurance cost is. I don't wanna be liable for a $30k car, if something happens. :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I was reading up on it. Does anyone have an idea on what the insurance cost is. I don't wanna be liable for a $30k car, if something happens. :)
On their site it's $105 for the day.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Participant may elect (where designated herein) a property damage waiver option and pay an additional fee to limit his/her financial responsibility to Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) for damage done to the vehicle.

*Purchase Limited liability with School selection.
When I looked into it i thought it was about a Hundred Dollhairs But it was a while ago and as noted above you are still on the hook for some . If and its a Big IF you happen to go off course... Drive within your means and you will be fine..

You must be down around Houston, am I right? Long haul from there. It's about 16 hr from where I am in KC. Long, long day or two manageable days. Thinking seriously about it nonetheless. If I hadn't just used up all my flight miles I would consider flying into SLC.
Well, closer to Beaumont. Thinking about taking the wife and making the road trip in two days. The big IF, is if Grandma/PawPaw will to keep my three boys for the week. Damn kids take all the fun away! lol

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
The big IF, is if Grandma/PawPaw will to keep my three boys for the week. Damn kids take all the fun away! lol
Hear that fun making them but after is a lifes work ;) Thia was some of our thought process and just couldn't justify the cost when she say "ya know you could get that Positrak thingy for the cost of this autoX trip" So took the cool G and put towards the furture purchase of a LSD..

I hope to see lots of cool pics and many awesome tall tales of how you all killed the track and beat the instructors times :)

Perry

Well, closer to Beaumont. Thinking about taking the wife and making the road trip in two days. The big IF, is if Grandma/PawPaw will to keep my three boys for the week. Damn kids take all the fun away! lol
Ours are old enough to look after themselves, but unclear whether the wife will wanna tag along, so if I do go, I may be lonesome for a couple days.

Perry

I hope to see lots of cool pics and many awesome tall tales of how you all killed the track and beat the instructors times :)
Well, you'll only see pics from me if they ARE cool, so . . . [burnout] And as for the instructors' times, well, maybe miracles will happen! But that's not the way I'd bet! [driving]