Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Forscan

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #3
What I got from searching was the ability to read codes and change wallpaper. I know about engines not computers.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
What does it do and why would I need it?
I know very little as well but from what I understand it allows you to change some of the Body Computer settings.
If you refer to this spreadsheet you can see some of the things that have been changed and tested.
Forscan Spreadsheet

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #6
So Forscan let’s you mess with the cars brain for all the non essential stuff. I was close

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
So Forscan let’s you mess with the cars brain for all the non essential stuff. I was close
Yes, very close.
However, only the Body Computer controlled things.
I have never played with it myself.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
What does it do and why would I need it?
You don't need it but it allows you to change some of the vehicles electronically controlled parameters. It's free software! The only other thing required is an OBDII adapter which can be found starting at $25. With it I was able to add NAV to my 2014 and 2015 FiST. I was able to change parameters to engage Daytime Running Lights in my car. I enabled a reverse gear sound but will likely go back in and turn that off. I enabled the foglights on with low or high beams but haven't confirmed that my settings are correct yet. You would be surprised at all the things it allows you to do. When I'm ready I will upgrade from Sync2 to Sync3 and the Forscan software will allow me to configure the APIM so that my vehicle thinks it is As-built otherwise it wouldn't work. I hope those examples help you to understand all that it can do and peak your curiosity to learn more. Sorry I couldn't be more extensive in my earlier response but I was spending time with my wife on my day off. Happy wife, happy life and I still enjoy being with her. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I enabled the foglights on with low or high beams but haven't confirmed that my settings are correct yet.

Id love to have this enabled on my 16. I drive in the country for work. Extra light mean less chance of deer strike

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You don't need it but it allows you to change some of the vehicles electronically controlled parameters. It's free software! The only other thing required is an OBDII adapter which can be found starting at $25. With it I was able to add NAV to my 2014 and 2015 FiST. I was able to change parameters to engage Daytime Running Lights in my car. I enabled a reverse gear sound but will likely go back in and turn that off. I enabled the foglights on with low or high beams but haven't confirmed that my settings are correct yet. You would be surprised at all the things it allows you to do. When I'm ready I will upgrade from Sync2 to Sync3 and the Forscan software will allow me to configure the APIM so that my vehicle thinks it is As-built otherwise it wouldn't work. I hope those examples help you to understand all that it can do and peak your curiosity to learn more. Sorry I couldn't be more extensive in my earlier response but I was spending time with my wife on my day off. Happy wife, happy life and I still enjoy being with her. Lol

More like $10 for a Bluetooth adapter and to me the best thing is removing the stupid sound processing that completely kills audio quality.. I also enabled the ST splash screen, added the worthless climate control tab for fun but you can also disable/reset TPMS and change your tire size to keep the speedo/odometer accurate.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #13
It would be nice if all these settings could be changed without using Forscan

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It would be nice if all these settings could be changed without using Forscan
It was once before.
However, dealerships were later instructed to only program the BCM to as built settings.