Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front end sagging, solutions?

Been a busy bee. Today i ordered another part so now in the mail i have a MBRP catback, Mishimoto FMIC and Mishimoto radiator. I figure install on all 3 should be under a grand. This leaves me about 2 grand US, maybe a bit more, in my current budget. I was looking at a hybrid turbo in this spending cycle but decided to go with sentiments i hear here often, reliability needs to match performance, so the turbo will wait. So what else can i fix up with a couple grand? One thing that has been bugging me is the front end has sagged since i bought it, and the plastic clips just under the hood and by headlights are broken so it was obviously bumped with a prior owner. So what are my options here?

I figure maybe a shop can fix the clips and tighten up the fitting, if not i can completely replace the front end. I want the front end to not only look nice but be secure and snug with all these new parts im paying for up front. I looked up headlights which are getting old and busted and they run $850 new (yikes), will a brand new front end include headlights? Ideally i would have the clips fixed and just buy new headlights but we shall see. On monday im going to a body shop to see if they can attach a side skirt that snapped off today and will ask them about the front end but in the meantime i wanted to ask you guys here if you have done repairs like this.

Any and all advice and info is appreciated guys, hope i get some good news here.

PhoenixM3

Been a busy bee. Today i ordered another part so now in the mail i have a MBRP catback, Mishimoto FMIC and Mishimoto radiator. I figure install on all 3 should be under a grand. This leaves me about 2 grand US, maybe a bit more, in my current budget. I was looking at a hybrid turbo in this spending cycle but decided to go with sentiments i hear here often, reliability needs to match performance, so the turbo will wait. So what else can i fix up with a couple grand? One thing that has been bugging me is the front end has sagged since i bought it, and the plastic clips just under the hood and by headlights are broken so it was obviously bumped with a prior owner. So what are my options here?

I figure maybe a shop can fix the clips and tighten up the fitting, if not i can completely replace the front end. I want the front end to not only look nice but be secure and snug with all these new parts im paying for up front. I looked up headlights which are getting old and busted and they run $850 new (yikes), will a brand new front end include headlights? Ideally i would have the clips fixed and just buy new headlights but we shall see. On monday im going to a body shop to see if they can attach a side skirt that snapped off today and will ask them about the front end but in the meantime i wanted to ask you guys here if you have done repairs like this.

Any and all advice and info is appreciated guys, hope i get some good news here.
I have personally have removed and replaced the stock bumper cover several times, mainly for installation of a DHM Race IC on three different Fiesta STs. I have also had the misfortune of hitting an ice chunk at highway speed which shattered the lower portion of the bumper cover.

The 8 bolts which fasten the crash beam to the frame have some ”slop” which allows for some adjustment. The radiator “cage” is supported by this crash beam and the front bumper cover attaches to the radiator cage.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #5
I have personally have removed and replaced the stock bumper cover several times, mainly for installation of a DHM Race IC on three different Fiesta STs. I have also had the misfortune of hitting an ice chunk at highway speed which shattered the lower portion of the bumper cover.

The 8 bolts which fasten the crash beam to the frame have some ”slop” which allows for some adjustment. The radiator “cage” is supported by this crash beam and the front bumper cover attaches to the radiator cage.
Ok i read the term bumper cover several times today online, is that the same thing as the front end minus lights? Basically the frame of the front end, plastic grills and such? I

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok i read the term bumper cover several times today online, is that the same thing as the front end minus lights? Basically the frame of the front end, plastic grills and such? I
Yeah, kinda
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-bumper-cover-d2bz17757bb?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9YnVtcGVyLWFuZC1jb21wb25lbnRzLWZyb250Jmw9MSZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWZvcmQmbz1maWVzdGEmeT0yMDE3JnQ9c3QmZT0xLTZsLWw0LWdhcw==
You shouldn't have to replace the whole thing to keep it from sagging though.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #8
Ok well im hopeful then, the shop in town where i live does body work and all kinds of repair as well as servicing like tune ups. They also list "complete engine service and repair", i doubt that means turbo install but i'll ask anyway for future endeavors. If im lucky they can install my FMIC and radiator as the shop is half a mile from my house :cool: Like two years ago i had an estimate done for the front end at another random shop and they called Ford to price the entire unit and quoted me $2400. That must have included EVERYTHING up front like the FMIC and such. I was like WTH man, which is why i let it sag this whole time.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #9
$850 seems a little pricey. I bought new headlights from carid for about $300 last spring. 5 days later a deer destroyed one of them, but that's a whole different story.
Are THESE the proper model? I was thrown by the brand, Akkon? And they say they fit normal Fiestas too, so do both car models use the same lights? If so this is much better at $200, although i'd be willing to pay a bit more if quality was an issue.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #10
Well assuming they can fix the sag, the rest of the bumper is in ok condition. The plastic grill in front of the FMIC is all messed up though, as well as the smaller side pieces. I'd just as soon just remove them completely though depending on what costs what.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are THESE the proper model? I was thrown by the brand, Akkon? And they say they fit normal Fiestas too, so do both car models use the same lights? If so this is much better at $200, although i'd be willing to pay a bit more if quality was an issue.
I don't know. I think the headlights are the same for the different trims, but I'm not sure. I know I personally trust carid more than Amazon when it comes to confirming fit.
https://www.carid.com/2017-ford-fie...ont-lamps-headlamp-components-2460324624.html
These appear to be oem headlights it doesn't specify if they are for the ST though.
I wouldn't get any until one of the more knowledgeable members confirms that he headlights are the same across the trims.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well assuming they can fix the sag, the rest of the bumper is in ok condition. The plastic grill in front of the FMIC is all messed up though, as well as the smaller side pieces. I'd just as soon just remove them completely though depending on what costs what.
I've seen several cars with a intercooler grill removed completely, so I wouldn't stress too much about not having it.

Last edited:
OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #14

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You need #14 in the Tasca Diagram as this is most likely the cause of the "Bumper sag" as it gets broken and not even noticed most of the time.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #16
You need #14 in the Tasca Diagram as this is most likely the cause of the "Bumper sag" as it gets broken and not even noticed most of the time.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Ty I screenshotted that diagram so I won’t forget. Anybody happen to know if you buy that bumper from that Tasca site, is it just the one piece or do all the clips n clamp come with it?

Business6

Ty I screenshotted that diagram so I won’t forget. Anybody happen to know if you buy that bumper from that Tasca site, is it just the one piece or do all the clips n clamp come with it?
That's definitely the cause of a lot of the sagging, mine included.

And no, you get nothing save for the specific item you order unless otherwise specified.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #18
This link was very helpful for more than the bumper so TYVM dude. I was able to look up the side skirt that broke off yesterday, it's called a Rocker Moulding and ZOMG, it's over $500, normal price over $800. At least i know what to call it now though and i have a price point to go from when talking to shops.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This link was very helpful for more than the bumper so TYVM dude. I was able to look up the side skirt that broke off yesterday, it's called a Rocker Moulding and ZOMG, it's over $500, normal price over $800. At least i know what to call it now though and i have a price point to go from when talking to shops.
Yeah, body panels are not cheap :(

Fiestig