Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front end sagging, solutions?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here is one fix that I applied (scroll down the page a bit and continues on the next page). Hopefully this helps, I didn't read through all of your posts so if it doesn't apply, disregard https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-fiesta-st-today.1441/page-475

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/reinforcement-6413015-1#sectionId:4103136
No its does....its #14 in the parts diagram. It gets broken often. I know I broke mine a while ago.....hehe. Got like 3 from Rockauto on clearance for more than the Cost of shipping *

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #22
Yeah, body panels are not cheap :(
I figure since this thread is on body work i would show the skirting issue too rather than make another thread. When i got my tires put on yesterday they snapped off the rocker moulding as they were backing up out off the lift. I couldn't see that side of the car so i don't know if they messed up and they told me it cam off due to the freeze we are in which is just thawing today. I planned on replacing them anyway so i didn't push the issue but im still a bit miffed, this is the 2nd time body damage has occurred at an auto shot due to a lift catching on something.

Anyway here are some photos of the car and moulding. Whoever had it before me added what looks like a rally type splitter, bolted on, which i had no idea till now, i thought it was all one aftermarket piece. Just figured i'd put these up to see what you guys think of the damage. The lower panel of my car doesn't look damaged but the clips are pretty mangled and some of the plastic on the rocker moulding is snapped where the clips attach. Just wondering if you guys think this is salvagable or will i need a new moulding. Im gonna remove the splitter today just to get a better look at the stock piece but anyway here it is.

Passenger side with two photos. Looks like clips stayed in but most are pretty mangled.
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (7).jpg
Next two shots you can see two separate layers of plastic, the outer one being the bolted on splitter attached to the stock moulding.
unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg
Next two show the underside clip slots on the stock moulding. The plastic has a lot of give and looks to be cracked pretty bad, i doubt they are very secure.
unnamed (4).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
Last photo is the clip slots for the side of the car in the first photos. These look to be unaffected and perhaps with new clips, enough to secure the moulding even if the lower ones are busted. Or is that a bad idea? By my count there are 9 slots and all appear to be intact, while the 3 for the underbelly of the car are pretty busted. Thoughts? FWIW im taking off these heavy splitters if the moulding can be reattached so it will be a good bit lighter.
unnamed (2).jpg

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #23
No its does....its #14 in the parts diagram. It gets broken often. I know I broke mine a while ago.....hehe. Got like 3 from Rockauto on clearance for more than the Cost of shipping *

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I'd be lost trying to get at that clip but when i go to the body shop here on monday i'll point out the diagram and see if they can zero in on that piece, may be faster to diagnose where it's sagging from.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I figure since this thread is on body work i would show the skirting issue too rather than make another thread. When i got my tires put on yesterday they snapped off the rocker moulding as they were backing up out off the lift. I couldn't see that side of the car so i don't know if they messed up and they told me it cam off due to the freeze we are in which is just thawing today. I planned on replacing them anyway so i didn't push the issue but im still a bit miffed, this is the 2nd time body damage has occurred at an auto shot due to a lift catching on something.

Anyway here are some photos of the car and moulding. Whoever had it before me added what looks like a rally type splitter, bolted on, which i had no idea till now, i thought it was all one aftermarket piece. Just figured i'd put these up to see what you guys think of the damage. The lower panel of my car doesn't look damaged but the clips are pretty mangled and some of the plastic on the rocker moulding is snapped where the clips attach. Just wondering if you guys think this is salvagable or will i need a new moulding. Im gonna remove the splitter today just to get a better look at the stock piece but anyway here it is.

Passenger side with two photos. Looks like clips stayed in but most are pretty mangled.
View attachment 47196
View attachment 47197
Next two shots you can see two separate layers of plastic, the outer one being the bolted on splitter attached to the stock moulding.
View attachment 47198
View attachment 47199
Next two show the underside clip slots on the stock moulding. The plastic has a lot of give and looks to be cracked pretty bad, i doubt they are very secure.
View attachment 47200
View attachment 47201
Last photo is the clip slots for the side of the car in the first photos. These look to be unaffected and perhaps with new clips, enough to secure the moulding even if the lower ones are busted. Or is that a bad idea? By my count there are 9 slots and all appear to be intact, while the 3 for the underbelly of the car are pretty busted. Thoughts? FWIW im taking off these heavy splitters if the moulding can be reattached so it will be a good bit lighter.
View attachment 47202
Ugg, I'd be mad if a shop broke mine.
Hopefully it's salvageable.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #26
Had another body question if anybody knows. Does the standard Fiesta and the ST share the same rocker moulding design? I found a website called LKQ that sells used parts from wrecked cars ect and prices are very good for rocker moulding listings. However none of them say Fiesta ST, so either the parts are the same, or the standard Fiestas have an optional rocker moulding aftermarket part (i looked at them stock and there's no skirting, just the frame). Im hoping somebody can confirm they use the same skirting design as they have fender+mouldings for just over $100. A body shop today quoted me $1250 for a new pair installed...

Had another body question if anybody knows. Does the standard Fiesta and the ST share the same rocker moulding design? I found a website called LKQ that sells used parts from wrecked cars ect and prices are very good for rocker moulding listings. However none of them say Fiesta ST, so either the parts are the same, or the standard Fiestas have an optional rocker moulding aftermarket part (i looked at them stock and there's no skirting, just the frame). Im hoping somebody can confirm they use the same skirting design as they have fender+mouldings for just over $100. A body shop today quoted me $1250 for a new pair installed...
Your assumptions are correct: Standard Fiestas don’t have rocker moldings, so this is mostly likely not a solution for your issue.

View attachment 47196
View attachment 47197
View attachment 47198
View attachment 47199
View attachment 47200
View attachment 47201
View attachment 47202
#1 they are 100% BS’ing you regarding this freeze/thaw cycle causing the issue. That excuse is laughable and I’d love to hear them lay out this line of thinking. They owe you at minimum the clips and labor to get the car back whole if not an entire new molding. I’d get with management there and see what happens. They know they’re lying and are probably not the brightest do hopefully they’ll do the right thing. If not….

#2 Your rocker molding looks mostly ok, just needs new clips and maybe some soldering iron plastic welding. I replaced the drivers side on my wrecked fiesta. There’s a thread on here with the clip part number you’ll need. Put the clips in the molding and then press it into the car for best results. Looks like you’ll need the hardware that attaches up by the wheel too. Look at a diagram on a ford parts website to figure out what you need.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #30
#1 they are 100% BS’ing you regarding this freeze/thaw cycle causing the issue. That excuse is laughable and I’d love to hear them lay out this line of thinking. They owe you at minimum the clips and labor to get the car back whole if not an entire new molding. I’d get with management there and see what happens. They know they’re lying and are probably not the brightest do hopefully they’ll do the right thing. If not….

#2 Your rocker molding looks mostly ok, just needs new clips and maybe some soldering iron plastic welding. I replaced the drivers side on my wrecked fiesta. There’s a thread on here with the clip part number you’ll need. Put the clips in the molding and then press it into the car for best results. Looks like you’ll need the hardware that attaches up by the wheel too. Look at a diagram on a ford parts website to figure out what you need.
I was thinking the same, I think they were just careless. I used to work at this company’s tire warehouse and they are less than honest, the owner is a real D bag. I wonder if it’s worth contacting a small claims attorney? I hate legal stuff though, this is an annoying situation.