Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front Suspension "Weights"

I'm going to be replacing all four shocks with Koni yellows next week and was wondering if I should remove these weights the ST came with. Any info on these would be great. The only thing I've come across is that they're to reduce vibrations IIRC. Any reasons to keep them on? 1618359025180.png

Pic from: https://www.fiestast.org/threads/weird-weights.172/

if you can find me the old P/N or if someone wants to send me one, I’ll cut it open and see what’s inside for a better guess

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm going to be replacing all four shocks with Koni yellows next week and was wondering if I should remove these weights the ST came with. Any info on these would be great. The only thing I've come across is that they're to reduce vibrations IIRC. Any reasons to keep them on? View attachment 39613

Pic from: https://www.fiestast.org/threads/weird-weights.172/
Mine were off of the car within the very first week of ownership, new.

I don't even know where they are now, lost in the factory parts pile somewhere.

OP
Typical Tom
Thread Starter #15
Every # of unsprung weight I pull off - NVH weights, lighter brakes, lighter wheels - the better the ride and handling gets. Reducing unsprung weight is only good!
That's always been my understanding but there must be some positive reason as to why Ford put them on lol

Had to be good enough that they'd waste money researching/putting this on.

the duke

Mass damper. As to what frequency they're affecting and why, no one knows. Nominally attributed to OEM NVH requirements. Possibly tied to ABS, though highly doubted.

Mikey456

Were you able to notice any negative side effects from removing them?
I possibly felt more what the front wheels were doing and the roads I was are driving on. It was slight and I don’t think it is a negative for the sporty driving. After a while i just forget about not having them there.