Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Frontlines fiesta build

Hey all! gonna start posting updates of my build here. Goals are x47 hybrid turbo budget build. I’m gonna be using it for auto cross and a fun daily driver. In the past I’ve had a supercharged gto, a fully built c5 z06 and a gti. The fiesta is the best handling most fun car I’ve had

Attachments

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
Have a bunch of parts to install! Got the x47 turbo used around $650.

Attachments

With regards to intake temps, you could invest in a Velossatech big mouth. Or probably a better idea, use the bottom half of the stock airbox to jerry-rig an ST200 style intake with a hose and feed cold air directly to the filter.

Good luck with the build. The X47 should be a good midpower turbo with fast spools ;)

OP
F
Thread Starter #6
With regards to intake temps, you could invest in a Velossatech big mouth. Or probably a better idea, use the bottom half of the stock airbox to jerry-rig an ST200 style intake with a hose and feed cold air directly to the filter.

Good luck with the build. The X47 should be a good midpower turbo with fast spools ;)
Thanks daloonie. Yep have a velositec clone already in the garage lol! I’ll look into the st200 box mod thanks. I removed the injen metal plate to get some more air from the bottom. Seems to help when moving. I love the sound the injen intake makes to much to go to like a Cobb intake. I really want to make this one work

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thanks daloonie. Yep have a velositec clone already in the garage lol! I’ll look into the st200 box mod thanks. I removed the injen metal plate to get some more air from the bottom. Seems to help when moving. I love the sound the injen intake makes to much to go to like a Cobb intake. I really want to make this one work
What intercooler do you have on the car now? If not upgraded yet, the intercooler will have a significant impact on charge temps.

OP
F
Thread Starter #12
Installed mountune intercooler and cold air ram. The wife and girls helped some as well.

Attachments

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’ve had an x47 for a long time now. I attribute its longevity to Liqui Moly 10w40 High Tech, cooling mods and luck. This cars is a blast with the x47! Enjoy.

looked up the carnage3d big mouth you have. looks like a legit alternative to velossa tech for half the price. how'd the fitment go?

OP
F
Thread Starter #16
looked up the carnage3d big mouth you have. looks like a legit alternative to velossa tech for half the price. how'd the fitment go?
I know right! Seems pretty straight forward. Hardest part was cutting then plastic cover but that’s the same for the velossa tech. They shipped it fast to. I’m happy with it

OP
F
Thread Starter #17
I’ve had an x47 for a long time now. I attribute its longevity to Liqui Moly 10w40 High Tech, cooling mods and luck. This cars is a blast with the x47! Enjoy.
Thanks for the info woods. I’ve gone back and forth on wetherI should do the s280 turbo or stick with the hybrid. I didn’t want to have boost lag.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the info woods. I’ve gone back and forth on wetherI should do the s280 turbo or stick with the hybrid. I didn’t want to have boost lag.
Mine has over 30k miles on race tracks at 26-27psi boost (they recommend 25.4psi max but I chose to push it). I change my oil often with the Liqui Moly listed above and a Motorcraft 400s oil filter. Changing oil and keeping your coolant temps down is critical. When I add injectors and HPFP I’ll likely go to the s280 but on stock fuel, nothing is more enjoyable than a regular X47. It’s the same as stock but pulls all the way to 7k, which I love. I have a build page if you’d like to see my cooling mods. You’ll find most people dislike hybrids here but I have nothing but love for them. My first did come apart pretty quickly though. 😂 The warranty process was long but easy. Just install it correctly, prime it correctly and make a video of you doing it correctly ha!

OP
F
Thread Starter #19
Mine has over 30k miles on race tracks at 26-27psi boost (they recommend 25.4psi max but I chose to push it). I change my oil often with the Liqui Moly listed above and a Motorcraft 400s oil filter. Changing oil and keeping your coolant temps down is critical. When I add injectors and HPFP I’ll likely go to the s280 but on stock fuel, nothing is more enjoyable than a regular X47. It’s the same as stock but pulls all the way to 7k, which I love. I have a build page if you’d like to see my cooling mods. You’ll find most people dislike hybrids here but I have nothing but love for them. My first did come apart pretty quickly though. 😂 The warranty process was long but easy. Just install it correctly, prime it correctly and make a video of you doing it correctly ha!
Thanks I appreciate the info man. Yea I’ll look up your build for sure!