Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Frontlines fiesta build

OP
F
Thread Starter #22
Found out I have the common rear hatch leak problem. Took the back of the liner apart and checked the sunroof drains. Thankfully They were clear. Looks like water was coming in from behind the tail lights. It’s crazy ford covered up holes that water could get in with just tape! I put new duct tape over the holes using the shingle method and put some sealant and thread sealer around and on the twilight screws. So far no leaks!

Attachments

OP
F
Thread Starter #24
Installed the mountune radiator, whoosh short shifter, whoosh symposer delete, Mishimoto coolant hose and mishimotto cold air intake today. Was alot of work but she won’t be over heating anymore! The shifter feels great. Much shorter then I thought it would be. The radiator install wasn’t to bad. Taking out the fan shroud was the hardest part. All really nice parts. The Mishimoto intake was a tight fit but looks great and intake temps are much lower.

Attachments

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
Installed the mountune radiator, whoosh short shifter, whoosh symposer delete, Mishimoto coolant hose and mishimotto cold air intake today. Was alot of work but she won’t be over heating anymore! The shifter feels great. Much shorter then I thought it would be. The radiator install wasn’t to bad. Taking out the fan shroud was the hardest part. All really nice parts. The Mishimoto intake was a tight fit but looks great and intake temps are much lower.
You'll definitely like the radiator. After the upgrade, highest coolant temp I saw during 110+ degree days during the summer in the Phoenix metro area was around 200 after a hard acceleration on the highway that quickly fell below 195. I usually see around 190 for normally driving, even with A/C on during stop-and-go traffic in the summer. I'd be interested in seeing how yours does at the track.

1671034801497.png

Loving the build thread so far!

I'm x47r, E30 Stratified tune currently with no fuel mods. Also have the Mountune radiator which is truly a great piece.

The leaking taillights reminds me I should address that before it gets cold. I've noticed no leaks yet, but consider it preventative maintenance.

Following along for updates!

CSM

1000 Post Club
Found out I have the common rear hatch leak problem. Took the back of the liner apart and checked the sunroof drains. Thankfully They were clear. Looks like water was coming in from behind the tail lights. It’s crazy ford covered up holes that water could get in with just tape! I put new duct tape over the holes using the shingle method and put some sealant and thread sealer around and on the twilight screws. So far no leaks!
i need to do this

is there a thread that outlines this method/

OP
F
Thread Starter #28
You'll definitely like the radiator. After the upgrade, highest coolant temp I saw during 110+ degree days during the summer in the Phoenix metro area was around 200 after a hard acceleration on the highway that quickly fell below 195. I usually see around 190 for normally driving, even with A/C on during stop-and-go traffic in the summer. I'd be interested in seeing how yours does at the track.

View attachment 52993
I’m interested to see how it does to. Before the upgrade here in Florida temps would be at 220-230 just going down the highway. I haven’t been able to test drive long distance yet to compare
i need to do this

is there a thread that outlines this method/
There is a video on YouTube called the ultimate fiesta water leak fix. Or something like that it’s a excellent video he shows everything

Last edited:
was the mishimoto intake system a straightforward afternoon type install or did you need to get creative (like remove the cowl or work through a wheel well)?

OP
F
Thread Starter #30
was the mishimoto intake system a straightforward afternoon type install or did you need to get creative (like remove the cowl or work through a wheel well)?
It was pretty straight forward. It was harder then the injen intake though. Getting the pipe/filter and box all in was a tight fit and a bit of a pain but nothing crazy. (FYI I will be selling my injen intake if anybody is interested)

Last edited:
OP
F
Thread Starter #31
Sorry that I haven’t posted in a bit. Was busy during the holiday seasons. I managed to pick up some lava red recaro seats! I Installed them in the car and man what a upgrade! I was unsure if I would like it but I have to say they are very comfy and hold me in just right. Also they make the car feel much more premium. Also I started a Instagram account of the build. @frontlines_fiesta if anybody is interested.

Attachments

OP
F
Thread Starter #32
Figured I would update you guys. I installed the used x47 I got and found out I got a bad one :/ (video link attached) So I had to uninstall it and put the stock one back on. Weighing my options to see what I want to do now. Pumaspeed said they could take the x47 in as a core trade for a new one as long as the housing isn’t damaged. I’m already out $700 for the used turbo that didn’t work. I don’t want to drop a bunch of money for like a new s280
https://youtube.com/shorts/F3TylGeT_80?feature=share

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Figured I would update you guys. I installed the used x47 I got and found out I got a bad one :/ (video link attached) So I had to uninstall it and put the stock one back on. Weighing my options to see what I want to do now. Pumaspeed said they could take the x47 in as a core trade for a new one as long as the housing isn’t damaged. I’m already out $700 for the used turbo that didn’t work. I don’t want to drop a bunch of money for like a new s280
https://youtube.com/shorts/F3TylGeT_80?feature=share
I had to do the exact same thing. I chose to have Pumaspeed rebuild it. The replacement has been solid for over 30k miles, mostly at full boost. 😂 If rebuilding (or replacing) the X47 from Pumaspeed is the least expensive option, it’s worth it. It’s a fantastic turbo and absolutely rips on stock fuel 93/e30.

OP
F
Thread Starter #34
I had to do the exact same thing. I chose to have Pumaspeed rebuild it. The replacement has been solid for over 30k miles, mostly at full boost. 😂 If rebuilding (or replacing) the X47 from Pumaspeed is the least expensive option, it’s worth it. It’s a fantastic turbo and absolutely rips on stock fuel 93/e30.
Thanks woods. They quoted me $450 to rebuild it but I have to ship it to and back from Europe. I’m not sure if that would be cheaper then just getting a new one. Which would be about $800 after the core rebate. There are some small scratches on the cold side housing. Idk if that would cause issues rebuilding it. It wouldn’t have any warranty on it but it’s nearly half the price of a whooshhybrid or a s280

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thanks woods. They quoted me $450 to rebuild it but I have to ship it to and back from Europe. I’m not sure if that would be cheaper then just getting a new one. Which would be about $800 after the core rebate. There are some small scratches on the cold side housing. Idk if that would cause issues rebuilding it. It wouldn’t have any warranty on it but it’s nearly half the price of a whooshhybrid or a s280
If $800 buys you a new x47 with a warranty that’s probably what I’d do. If you ever plan to add fuel it might be worth waiting until you have the cash for the S280 but that turbo is sort of expensive for use with stock fuel. Whichever option you choose, make sure you record video of the installation, priming before first startup and the first startup just in case there are mechanical defects. You’ll want that for proof of proper installation if you need to file a warranty claim.

OP
F
Thread Starter #36
If $800 buys you a new x47 with a warranty that’s probably what I’d do. If you ever plan to add fuel it might be worth waiting until you have the cash for the S280 but that turbo is sort of expensive for use with stock fuel. Whichever option you choose, make sure you record video of the installation, priming before first startup and the first startup just in case there are mechanical defects. You’ll want that for proof of proper installation if you need to file a warranty claim.
Thanks. Even for new pumaspeed said it would not have warranty since they can’t tune it themselves and it will be shipped overseas. I may see how much it would cost to ship my turbo over to them. I’m not sure yet about fuel mods. Thanks I’ll make sure to video record the priming and things anyways.

Thanks. Even for new pumaspeed said it would not have warranty since they can’t tune it themselves and it will be shipped overseas. I may see how much it would cost to ship my turbo over to them. I’m not sure yet about fuel mods. Thanks I’ll make sure to video record the priming and things anyways.
i thought about getting a hybrid from England. to ship a core and have them ship an S270 back (not a typo) it would run about $200-300 total depending on if you got hit with import duties. there are other hybrid options who might take your core as a deposit and honor the warranty though.

there's Collins Performance S270 kit (they take the turbo technics s270 and use their own WGA)
Vudu VT330

also you're using dollars and that's probably not the case, it's 800 British Pounds which translates to 1000 US Dollars so $1000 (plus import fees so probably add another $50-80 if it gets flagged by customs)

edit: with shipping costs and currency exchange rate, you're going to be out $800 with your cheapest rebuild option and if something goes bad within the first year you're SOL whether you go full rebuild or new from England. it's something to consider if you want to throw more money at an x47 build or just eat that $700 loss and start back from scratch. i realize that's a tough choice and i'm not suggesting one way or the other.

Last edited:
OP
F
Thread Starter #38
i thought about getting a hybrid from England. to ship a core and have them ship an S270 back (not a typo) it would run about $200-300 total depending on if you got hit with import duties. there are other hybrid options who might take your core as a deposit and honor the warranty though.

there's Collins Performance S270 kit (they take the turbo technics s270 and use their own WGA)
Vudu VT330

also you're using dollars and that's probably not the case, it's 800 British Pounds which translates to 1000 US Dollars so $1000 (plus import fees so probably add another $50-80 if it gets flagged by customs)

edit: with shipping costs and currency exchange rate, you're going to be out $800 with your cheapest rebuild option and if something goes bad within the first year you're SOL whether you go full rebuild or new from England. it's something to consider if you want to throw more money at an x47 build or just eat that $700 loss and start back from scratch. i realize that's a tough choice and i'm not suggesting one way or the other.
Thank you Martin that’s good info. I have not heard of the

Vudu VT330

Thank you Martin that’s good info. I have not heard of the collins performance s270 kit before. I will have to look into that one.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
@Frontline17 I didn’t realize they no longer offer warranties. There’s zero reason to take a chance on a Pumaspeed turbo since that’s the case. I’d be running the Whoosh hybrid if it were available when I upgraded my turbo years ago. Good luck man

Thank you Martin that’s good info. I have not heard of the collins performance s270 kit before. I will have to look into that one.
I'm thinking, could the X47 be sold as a core, when getting a new offering from a stateside dealer? That way you could loose the import tax and duties and looooong and expensive shipping.
Not to say Pumaspeed isn't a good choice or a good price for an exchange. But I would atleast with anything you choose, whether Puma, Collins, AET, Whoosh etc. get a custom tune on a dyno once it's installed.