Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Frontlines fiesta build

OP
F
Thread Starter #41
I'm thinking, could the X47 be sold as a core, when getting a new offering from a stateside dealer? That way you could loose the import tax and duties and looooong and expensive shipping.
Not to say Pumaspeed isn't a good choice or a good price for an exchange. But I would atleast with anything you choose, whether Puma, Collins, AET, Whoosh etc. get a custom tune on a dyno once it's installed.
I contacted whoosh they said they couldn’t use the core as a exchange for their hybrid. I’ve also contacted some turbo repair shops and nobody wants to touch it since it’s not a standard turbo.

OP
F
Thread Starter #43
@Gogoggansgo just posted how he's moved on from his whoosh hybrid and will offer it up here if his brother doesn't take it. you might want to reach out to him and see if you can be first in line. maybe he'll give you a good deal on it?
this sucks all around either way. sorry to hear it.
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll send him a message. Tho I’m still not sure if I want to take the risk of a used turbo again.

OP
F
Thread Starter #47
Got the turbo back in! It looks great. It was rebuilt by turbo bay with their upgraded parts.
I will be installing it tomorrow (hopefully)

Attachments

Got the turbo back in! It looks great. It was rebuilt by turbo bay with their upgraded parts.
I will be installing it tomorrow (hopefully)
I wonder what they upgraded? Maybe this should be the x48 build! Excited for you man. The install should go well seeing as you installed it once already.

OP
F
Thread Starter #50
I wonder what they upgraded? Maybe this should be the x48 build! Excited for you man. The install should go well seeing as you installed it once already.
Yea it’s upgraded internals. The wheel looks bigger and has more fins on it. It will be interesting to see what kind of power it can make

OP
F
Thread Starter #51
The turbo is in and it’s making boost! This thing makes crazy sounds lol.
im only hitting 14psi tho. I’m not sure if that’s because I’m on the base map or not. I’ll go over everything tomorrow.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
The turbo is in and it’s making boost! This thing makes crazy sounds lol.
im only hitting 14psi tho. I’m not sure if that’s because I’m on the base map or not. I’ll go over everything tomorrow.
Sounds like base map to me. It’s always good to double check everything though.

OP
F
Thread Starter #53
The turbo is doing well so far. Making 22 pounds of boost right now. Just waiting to get the 93 tune finished then I will be doing the e30 tune.
i also just installed the 2 point lower chassis brace. The car is gonna be a totally different animal soon!

Attachments

The turbo is doing well so far. Making 22 pounds of boost right now. Just waiting to get the 93 tune finished then I will be doing the e30 tune.
i also just installed the 2 point lower chassis brace. The car is gonna be a totally different animal soon!
How was the install on this? Probably the first piece of aftermarket bracing I'm going to get. Seems super straightforward.

OP
F
Thread Starter #55
How was the install on this? Probably the first piece of aftermarket bracing I'm going to get. Seems super straightforward.
Yes It was really straight forward. Just need a breaker bar that you can get under the car to break them loose. Torque the new bolts to 45ish pounds then go another full turn. I already noticed getting better traction in second and car seems more stable.

Yes It was really straight forward. Just need a breaker bar that you can get under the car to break them loose. Torque the new bolts to 45ish pounds then go another full turn. I already noticed getting better traction in second and car seems more stable.
I found the car feeling much more firm on turn-in with this simple mod. The front really started feeling more connected.

Keep us updated on the modded turbo results :)

OP
F
Thread Starter #58
Hey guys sorry for the slow update on the turbo I just wanted to get it all tuned before I gave my thoughts on it.
I am e30 tuned now by Adam and I am really enjoying it! I don’t think the turbo is as good as like a whoosh. it’s not a low end torque monster. it’s a more progressive turbo. I’m hitting 20 pounds of boost by 3k rpm’s and max boost around 3700. It seems to help with wheel spins having the progressive boost nature.
before I installed the turbo I was 93 tuned by Adam and my Cobb access port was showing around 195 hp. After I installed the turbo on 93 it was showing about 265 hp. On e30 it’s showing 285hp 276 tq. So I’m pretty happy with that. I’ve done some 1/4 Mile trap speed runs with the acces port and my cleanest run I ran 103.5 mph which is pretty good on the street. I had some faster speeds but I had alot of wheel spin on those that might have messed up the readings.
In conclusion turbo bays hybrid turbo is worth a look. And they are available to rebuild the x47 turbo. They can rebuild it the same way puma speed had them if the turbine is still in good condition or they can rebuild it with their housing and make it more like mine. If your used to the instant torque you may not like it as much with their set up. But if your wanting to hook more and pull up top it may be good for you.