Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fuel Economy

I know the first few tanks aren't indicative of much due to break in, but I got 26.5MPG out of my dealer delivery fill, and I'm very happy about it given how hard it is to resist exploring the power band.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Raising this from the dead. I've been babying the car with mostly highway and some suburban driving. I definitely get better mpgs in 6th gear under 70 and coast in gear as often as I can. Maybe it's the winter gas but on

93 and very little WOT I'm struggling to get out of the mid 29's. When I hit 30 it's very briefly on the highway and drops as soon as I'm hitting stop and go traffic.
This is just using the counter on the car, I haven't hand calculated yet. My tanks are definitely lasting much longer than on E30.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes that is perfectly Normal....Especially if you are in the northern states with Snow as they change the gas formulation to cut down on the Pollution from idling while its cold outside. I am getting about 24 mpgs with e50 currently and I'm in Mn its about to be in the - Negatives the next couple of days it will get worse I know.

FJ16

I'm at 30.5 mpg on a Dizzy 91 tune, mostly highway driving. Hasn't been too cold yet, but I'm sure that will eat into my apparently good numbers.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
My fuel economy gets better in the winter. It could be the slick roads (so no hard pulls) or narrower tires (less friction) or gas formulation (purer gas, less crap filler).

Hand calc'ed last few tanks (commuting from out of town to in city)
35.3, 34.6, 34.9, 34.3, 36.0, 36.9, 37.0

The car almost always reads 1 mpg higher than actual.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/fiesta/2016/kivnul/419958

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I'm sure if I ran an economy tune I could really squeeze out the mileage, but don't think it's worth it. I've just been curious what it's willing to give without hypermiling.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Mine has dropped for a couple years back. I used to average 34-36 with no issue. Now i struggle to stay in the 30's. 🤷