Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

fuel pressure issues!!!!!!! HELP!!????

Hello everyone. I am new to this thread, so please bare with me. So, i have a 2016 fiesta st. about 83k on it, got it at about 73k. fairly new to me. so basically, about 2 weeks ago i noticed that my car was doing something very weird. i started it up after going to walmart, the car sputtered out and died. started it up again (start up took longer) and it was fine.

flash forward to today, every day since then the car will do this, but only once i start it up at operating temp. start it up cold and it’s fine. now i’ve decided to chase this issue.

ordered a new fuel pump (apparently there’s a high pressure and low pressure pump?? someone can explain that to me if they would like, would be appreciated). anyways, i installed the new pump under the rear seat thinking fuel pump was the issue. was not the case. i then ordered and replaced the fuel pressure sensor located on the fuel rail, again to no avail. i had 1 code at one point, fuel rail pressure too low.

i just installed the new fuel pressure sensor today. i replaced it because after replacing the fuel pump, i went into live data on my code reader and my fuel pressure was reading around 550psi to 650psi at idle, then i would tap the gas pedal once and it shot up to between 1500psi and 3700psi. i don’t know what the specs are on the fiesta st, but i don’t think 3700psi sounds right.

i only decided to start to fix it now because i am now noticing a loss of power and sometimes accelerating (not full throttle, just getting up to speed) in 2nd or 3rd the car will just completely cut off and i have to restart it to get going again.

does anyone know what else this could be? could it be a fuel pressure regulator? where is that located? any help would be greatly appreciated.

sorry if this is post is hard to read/comprehend, i was not born to be a writer!!

-joey
joeyrinaldi11@gmail.com

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
LPFS/ Low Pressure Fuel Sensor* its located on the line against the firewall. This is what is the Case 9/10 with Fuel pressure issues. The High Pressure Fuel Sensor/ HPFS is seldomly the issue on these cars i was informed by a Fomoco Heavy line tech. The fuel pump in the tank is the Low Pressure Fuel Pump/ LPFP and the High Pressure Fuel Pump is on the Engine itself and run off the cam lobe. I did a Write up on the LPFS FYI. Check it out.

Last edited: