Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Getting fix0rzed

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #161
Ever since the crash if its wet out car doesnt want to start. If its cold, car doesnt want to start. Those times i have to cycle the button several times for it to engage the starter. Other times i have to press the clutch pedal twice. Once when i first hit the button.. And get nothing. Then the second time it turns over.

When insurance company agrees to have a car repaired, and afterwards there are hidden issues or poor repair, you can refuse the car and they will have to settle. Then it gets sent to auction, many cars like that at auctions.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
F-That get a lawyer for them sending out a vehicle that is unsafe and get them on Negligence. There is absolutely NO REASON for this filth!

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #164
Im still gonna check the grounds and clean them. It may be just bad connection from sitting over a few weeks. I cant prove that it isnt just wear and tear related. Part of me wonders if water got in a connection somewhere thanks to the busted window.

When it comes to a lawyer i dont feel like i have too much of a leg to stand on. Though another part of me thinks the semi sloppy job was done because of the pride stickers on the car. But that's something i dont wanna be just putting on anybody without concrete proof.

Im going to go back to stock suspension with new components. Gonna look for bent stuff, and get the alignment done after suspension. Just to satisfy myself that it was done. Idk if its my confidence being shaken, or if there is something amiss.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I think it's wise to avoid putting that blame on them as well. Hate crimes aren't something to be joked about or assumed to be the case without good reason. I hope you find out what your issue is. Who is your insurer? I am insured with progressive and had issues with repairs before as well. If you let the insurance company repair the car at one of their shops it should be backed by a warranty for all work conducted. By law they are required to make the car whole as if nothing happened to it. I would phone up the insurance company and tell them the issue and you thought the company did a shotty job. I'd also say I will be filing a complaint if they don't solve this expeditiously. We consumers pay so much for insurance, it's your money you've invested in them to take care of you, use it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It really sounds like a sticking starter solenoid. Hard to say without using a meter to see if power is going to it when it is not starting at first. Sucks it's such a pain to take off.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #167
Rocket its through progressive. I picked the shop because the folks at the yard used a couple of low brow scare tactics to get the work. I know ford here had a large back log of accident repairs. And being frazzled from a deer strike less than 24 hours before i wasnt in the right state to make a smart choice. All of this is totally on me 😞.

Ive already had to fight and yell to get them to try and adress the starting issue. He got a new starter. But got spooked after seeing the one how to. So im going to have to put it in. The glass was supposed to have been replaced while it was getting alignment work done. Clearly that didnt happen so im waiting on a windshield. Not really sure an alignment got done either, but idk on that. Perhaps ive lost confidence behind the wheel. But i get nervous and uneasy trying to toss the car around now. Something doesnt fesl right.

Last edited:

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Rocket its through progressive. I picked the shop because the folks at the yard used a couple of low brow scare tactics to get the work. I know ford here had a large back log of accident repairs. And being frazzled from a deer strike less than 24 hours before i wasnt in the right state to make a smart choice. All of this is totally on me [emoji20].

Ive already had to fight and yell to get them to try and adress the starting issue. He got a new starter. But got spooked after seeing the one how to. So im going to have to put it in. The glass was supposed to have been replaced while it was getting alignment work done. Clearly that didnt happen so im waiting on a windshield. Not really sure an alignment got done either, but idk on that. Perhaps ive lost confidence behind the wheel. But i get nervous and uneasy trying to toss the car around now. Something doesnt fesl right.
In my experience, the driver is usually right about something afoot. Sorry to hear that man, I really am. What state do you live in?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #171
It takes me about 45 to an hour. Trying to be careful. And since its still cold here it takes longer. I freeze easily

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #172
Update: new windsheld installed. Aftermarket unit, doesnt have as much black on it as the factory glass. So i can see the hood edges. But ive gained a decent chunk of visibility out of it so that makes me pretty happy 🙂

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #174
20200321_161045.jpg 20200321_160439.jpg so ive noticed i dont have the air shield that channels air into the radiator. Or the foam on top of the radiator. Also the cooling fan was not plugged into the module. For like a month, with rain and shit. First time ive gone under the car since i got it back. Idk if my fan works.

Good news is i re loaded my AP. On stage 2, did an oil change and new oem air filter.