Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB DV VTA question

I recently switched over to an E30 tune (which was on the AccessPort when I bought it used). After running a full tank’s worth of E30, I was quite underwhelmed, especially reading threads on how great it was. Then I noticed my max boost was just over 22 which seemed low based on other ppls posts - thought folks were making >24 lbs.
Okay, maybe it was the tune - went and bought a new tune from Stratified specifically for my car (V3 IC, colder plugs, etc). Only drove it about 30 miles or so on the new tune but only saw a max of 23 lbs boost.
Before datalogging and going back to tuner, I rechecked all my IC hoses and figured I’d inspect and re-lube my VTA DV (F that 3rd bolt, btw), which seemed like it definitely needed it despite only being on there ~8k miles.
Upon inspection, I noticed the o ring on the plunger looked malformed. Could this be a potential cause of what I believe to be a couple lbs of boost short of what it should be making?

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I recently switched over to an E30 tune (which was on the AccessPort when I bought it used). After running a full tank’s worth of E30, I was quite underwhelmed, especially reading threads on how great it was. Then I noticed my max boost was just over 22 which seemed low based on other ppls posts - thought folks were making >24 lbs.
Okay, maybe it was the tune - went and bought a new tune from Stratified specifically for my car (V3 IC, colder plugs, etc). Only drove it about 30 miles or so on the new tune but only saw a max of 23 lbs boost.
Before datalogging and going back to tuner, I rechecked all my IC hoses and figured I’d inspect and re-lube my VTA DV (F that 3rd bolt, btw), which seemed like it definitely needed it despite only being on there ~8k miles.
Upon inspection, I noticed the o ring on the plunger looked malformed. Could this be a potential cause of what I believe to be a couple lbs of boost short of what it should be making?
Absolutely * I'd be changing it and lubing it up

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OP
WutApex
Thread Starter #3
Sent an inquiry to GFB - hopefully I’ll hear back in a day or so. If not, I’ll try to source an o-ring that size locally.

Skimming random threads - wondering since it’s a PITA to periodically pull off this thing to re-lube, if it would be less hassle to get a true BOV…are these “maintenance free”?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sent an inquiry to GFB - hopefully I’ll hear back in a day or so. If not, I’ll try to source an o-ring that size locally.

Skimming random threads - wondering since it’s a PITA to periodically pull off this thing to re-lube, if it would be less hassle to get a true BOV…are these “maintenance free”?
Most likely a Viton style o-ring....can be gotten from any local Napa...O'Reilly or Autozone.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

not really, they all need to be cleaned from time to time. Turbosmart says every 20k on theirs, IDK how that compares to others

GFB DV for 20k+ miles now. Never took it out after install. Pushing 27lbs every time. Are these hit-n-miss?