Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone found good bulbs?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Awesome thanks for the info man, I am going to order mine tomorrow!
The spread is alittle different than a halogen also....it concentrates the light more straight ahead imo....But it still spreads out. I have HIDs in My Ty and like both. Nothing is perfect and always have some type of drawback. But overall I was happy with them.

Chris G

I am also running the XD LED kit. I've had them in for about 6 months and all is good. I haven't been flashed once even when running them with the Luxeon fogs.

I'm in the research phase, so let me sum up my findings thusfar:

For starters I'm just talking about halogens. I'm price sensitive and halogens cheaper, with less things to replace. I was looking at ZXE's but for $60 a pair that's a little steep considering the competition.

In a more affordable range we have the Philips CrystalVision, Nokya Arctic Whites, and Osram Night Breakers. I'm seeing all of these around $30.

What I'm seeing with the Nokya Arctic Whites is that you will want to change harnesses as they are 80W (vs stock 55W I believe). Supposedly without this heavy duty harness they will create much more heat. Will this cause the lifespan of the bulb to decrease dramatically? I don't know for sure, but I could certainly believe it. Based on your post that your bulbs didn't last a year I'm shying away from them.
Both the Philips and Osrams are a 55W.

So I will be going for either the Osrams or Philips. As of this posting I'm seeing the Osram for about $30 and the Philips for $35. I'll probably give it a few more weeks to compare how these two look compared to each other, but if they appear to be the same I'll get the cheaper ones.
Im using those artic nokya and their 55w and doing great got them from ebay for like $15.

DaveG99

I ordered a set of the Xenondepot LED lights. I was thinking about getting a set of upgraded regular bulbs but figured why not go with the best/brightest stuff. LED it is. Pictures to come as soon as I install them

I know you said you don't want HIDs because of the reflector housing. But just so you know they actually do really well with HIDs. I've got a set of 6k Morimoto's from the retrofitsource and they're awesome. Haven't had anyone flash at me or anything and the cutoff is honestly almost as good as projectors. I also have morimoto xb led fogs. Well worth the money IMO. I can't figure out how to post pictures on here yet but I can email you pictures of how they look from the exterior, cut offs, etc.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
hmmm. HIDs in a reflector housing = asshole to other drivers...usually. That's why i just went with Philips xtreme. But if you could post pictures that would be great. just open up a photobucket.com account to post the pics.

Haha LilPartyBox I agree. In high school I was the guy who EVERYBODY flashed their brights at because I had some sweet ass 10k hids haha. I'm not trying to be that guy anymore. I will post some pictures once it gets dark and let y'all know where they're at.

Hopefully these help. There was no editing at all on these photos. In the picture where I'm behind a Corolla I was only about 5 feet behind him and it's not going in his back window at all. With my older cars it would be going through the car and lighting up the road in front of him haha. Just fyi this is a 35 watt kit IMG_1263_opt.jpg IMG_1268_opt.jpg IMG_1272_opt.jpg IMG_1274_opt.jpg IMG_1276_opt.jpg IMG_1277_opt.jpg Just for shits and giggles I put a couple pictures of my reverse led's

Chris G

I know you said you don't want HIDs because of the reflector housing. But just so you know they actually do really well with HIDs. I've got a set of 6k Morimoto's from the retrofitsource and they're awesome. Haven't had anyone flash at me or anything and the cutoff is honestly almost as good as projectors. I also have morimoto xb led fogs. Well worth the money IMO. I can't figure out how to post pictures on here yet but I can email you pictures of how they look from the exterior, cut offs, etc.
If you don't mind, where did you mount your ballasts?

I haven't actually mounted them yet. I just found some places to put them where they can't move around. I'm thinking the best place to put them is on the underside of the headlights or something like that. I've just been too lazy to get in there and figure it out

DaveG99

I got my XenonDepot LED bulbs today. They are awesome! They look great and they really are a lot brighter than stock.

DaveG99

The passenger side bulb was a tight fit. Gave me some trouble but it wasn't too bad. It's pretty easy to take the headlights off too. These bulbs are awesome. And it's good to know I won't ever have to replace my bulbs. LEDs last a very long time.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The passenger side bulb was a tight fit. Gave me some trouble but it wasn't too bad. It's pretty easy to take the headlights off too. These bulbs are awesome. And it's good to know I won't ever have to replace my bulbs. LEDs last a very long time.
I would agree about the passengerside giving me a little guff also...I have HIDs in My truck and like the LEDs better in the FiST. I'm glad you like them. Enjoy them! As I do every night!

Has anyone here bought a pair of the new LED bulbs that the retrofit source is selling? I believe they come in 9006, 9005, H7 and H11s. Heat sink is engineered into the base, so no need for the ribbons or a cooling fan. They also have xb led fog light units that are plug and play and bolt right in as direct OEM replacements. Curious if anyone here has installed either of these?