Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello to all

Hi guys and ladies I would just like to say hello from us at Finsport
I look forward to talking to some of you and sharing some of our knowledge and products with you all

Welcome aboard!

Jay, I would like to have your opinion on the subject of driving gloves. I have used Dents for years, but find it difficult to find their driving gloves in the States. They last for years, but recently could not find them domestically. I had to replace an older, warn-out pair and because there were no sources in the USA or Canada, had to order them directly from Dents in the UK. I suspect that many here do not use driving gloves, so are they still popular with performance drivers in the UK and the Continent?

Perry

NP--Are you talking gloves for day-to-day use or autoX or other?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard Jay, glad to have you here. [welcome]

NP--Are you talking gloves for day-to-day use or autoX or other?
Both...I have used my Dents for autoX and some day-to-day when "spirited" driving is in order. When racing sanctioned events that require fire protection, I prefer Sparco wear.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Both...I have used my Dents for autoX and some day-to-day when "spirited" driving is in order. When racing sanctioned events that require fire protection, I prefer Sparco wear.
This is funny I was just thinking of trying something like this this season... I have heard that once you drive with glove you will never driver naked again ... this true ? [unsurelaugh]

This is funny I was just thinking of trying something like this this season... I have heard that once you drive with glove you will never driver naked again ... this true ? [unsurelaugh]
It's been true for me. I got an early lesson as a factory rider for Simplex go carts...now that probably dates me. The factory rep told me to start wearing gloves to improve my control...especially on paved tracks. It worked and I've been using them since. Be cautious about what you wear...the "unisex" gloves coming out of China just don't fit correctly and don't help at all (and will probably turn you off to gloves). If you want to consider a good driving glove...check out the Dents as I believe they still use the best leathers and are one of the few remaining manufacturers not producing product out of China. There might be an Italian product out there, but most I've tried over the years just didn't fit my Anglo hands that well.

Welcome Jay, I may be interested in this glove talk, let us know whats up.
Looks like Dents is having a sale on right now which includes driving gloves. Here is the link for the men's gloves: http://dents.co.uk/categories/3/Gloves.asp?saleonly=true You will have to move through the page to find the driving gloves. For the ladies on here, this is the link: http://dents.co.uk/categories/43/Driving.asp

The monetary exchange rate is reasonable now, so ordering from the UK not a bad deal. Note, I have no investment in, and I'm not employed by Dents.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Looks like Dents is having a sale on right now which includes driving gloves. Here is the link for the men's gloves: http://dents.co.uk/categories/3/Gloves.asp?saleonly=true You will have to move through the page to find the driving gloves. For the ladies on here, this is the link: http://dents.co.uk/categories/43/Driving.asp

The monetary exchange rate is reasonable now, so ordering from the UK not a bad deal. Note, I have no investment in, and I'm not employed by Dents.
You have a Fave model number ? I was smittened by the racey red ones for 39 pounds...

You have a Fave model number ? I was smittened by the racey red ones for 39 pounds...
I have the 15-1099's (mine are in brown) which are on sale for 60 pounds. They are "exact fit" which works better for me (size 10) than the less exact sizing = S, M, L, XL. My fingers are a little too short for the XL that would be my size in your red one's. I like those red one's too. Check out Dents sizing guide here: http://dents.co.uk/pages/Sizing.asp See how you measure up on their chart. No need to spend any more than necessary. I think ones you picked out might be the same ones Steve McQueen used back in the day...not that is matters, but interesting.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Awesome I'll give it a look Thanks ..Not sure I personally am man enough to pull off red gloves.. I more than likely will end up color matching the Blue car or Black .. But I like the Look ;)

Ok I popped for the Blue/Black 5-1021 size XL to fit my meaty hands :) they were about $69+ USD

Awesome I'll give it a look Thanks ..Not sure I personally am man enough to pull off red gloves.. I more than likely will end up color matching the Blue car or Black .. But I like the Look ;)

Ok I popped for the Blue/Black 5-1021 size XL to fit my meaty hands :) they were about $69+ USD
Sounds like a great choice. My wife just took advantage of the sale and ordered new driving gloves from Dents in Berry (look red to me). Do you think I can call it her Valentines present?...probably not.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Sounds like a great choice. My wife just took advantage of the sale and ordered new driving gloves from Dents in Berry (look red to me). Do you think I can call it her Valentines present?...probably not.
Dang that's a Sweet Idea !! I'll try that ;)

OP
J
Thread Starter #18
Welcome aboard!

Jay, I would like to have your opinion on the subject of driving gloves. I have used Dents for years, but find it difficult to find their driving gloves in the States. They last for years, but recently could not find them domestically. I had to replace an older, warn-out pair and because there were no sources in the USA or Canada, had to order them directly from Dents in the UK. I suspect that many here do not use driving gloves, so are they still popular with performance drivers in the UK and the Continent?
I will have a look for you buddy

STooge

hey rod, is there anything on the order that states anything about getting the wrong size, I'm unsure what size I would get and wouldn't want to be stuck with the wrong size.