Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HELP!! Engine cutting out

So in an instant my car started acting up. In 3rd and 4th under 75% or higher acceleration the engine starts to sputter and cut out. Its still making boost, no check engine light or codes being thrown, nothing leaking. If i drive it conservative you can tell there is an issue. I did get a data log of it as well. I will try and post that up. Any help is appreciated!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
So in an instant my car started acting up. In 3rd and 4th under 75% or higher acceleration the engine starts to sputter and cut out. Its still making boost, no check engine light or codes being thrown, nothing leaking. If i drive it conservative you can tell there is an issue. I did get a data log of it as well. I will try and post that up. Any help is appreciated!
Check for codes. There are some that register in diagnostic but do not lock until a few occurrences. To hazard a guess I would start looking at the spark plugs and coil packs. Could be loose. Bad gas could be a problem or a low octane gas when using a high octane tune

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
I checked the codes and nothing comes up on my accesport. I'm e30 tuned and get gas at the same station so i dont think it gas. Going to check the plugs soon.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
No knock or corrections. i have a data log of it but i dont know how to post it here.