Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hijinx’ Build

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm now sorry that I did not get those exact wheels to put my daily driven 205/50-16 Neo Gens on, and just use a set of satin black Dekas for the summer only, 225/45-16 gumballs. [:(]

That looks sick!! [twothumb]

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #490
Are those wheels 16x7s with 205/45-16s, or 17x7s with 205/40-17s on them? [dunno]
17x7 with 205/40-17

How do you happy with federals st-1? I read mixed reviewes some says it is good, others wanna crash their car on it
They feel just fine on my car. They are on the soft side as far as sidewalls go but otherwise they have enough grip for my setup and usage. I think I would prefer a 215 on an 8” wheel. That will come later as I’m exhausted with spending on this car and would like to focus on my Mustang and wife’s MK7 GTI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #491
Update:

Got a few things installed: Dizzy Ethanol Content Gauge, Maxton Design V3 splitter via @whooshmotorsports R1 Concepts blanks and pads, Morimoto yellow LED fog lights and most important of all, my new bumper with fresh paint.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #494
So clean dude... how do you like that ethanol sensor? How was the install?
Thanks.

The most difficult part is getting the wires through the firewall. Easiest thing to do is remove the knee airbag, and disconnect the sensors (6) and connectors (2) under the dash and footwell, respectively. There’s one ground and two or three zip tie fasteners that secure it to the firewall. From there, you can pull the main harness grommet out of it’s groove and into the engine bay; be gentle, because the idea is to pull it out just enough to get the wires through. Pulling on the grommet alone will be difficult since everything is secured and there’s little slack.

It would probably take about 45 min with the right tools.

Personally, I went full stupid with drill and hit six wires. But, my Air Force career was in communications electronics so I was able to fix my mistake. I had to pull the harness completely out of the passenger compartment and ended up running my wire through the sound symposer tube.

Unfortunately, the wires are not quite stuff enough to make it around the bends if you want to try to through the sound symposer tube.

What finish is that on the splitter, doesn't look like either the textured or gloss, did you paint it? Thanks for posting good pics, definitely leaning toward the v3.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #496
What finish is that on the splitter, doesn't look like either the textured or gloss, did you paint it? Thanks for posting good pics, definitely leaning toward the v3.
No, I haven’t painted it. It is Maxton’s textured finish. Perhaps they did something different for the V3? I really like it as it almost looks like factory ABS from a few feet away. I also picked the V3 because I really love the splitter on my Mustang and the V3 emulates that while following the FiST lines.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #497
Well, folks, here’s a non-update. Tuning is wrapped up. I have an idea of what it makes but can’t verify and I don’t want to make any claims with a vDyno. It feels faster than it’s ever been which could put it north of 425. The car feels amazing, if not scary, and I’m pretty happy with it. I’d load a video of a 4th gear pull but idk how to do that, natively, with Tapatalk, so here’s an Instagram link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIrhRpnH3BI/?igshid=1wjm6x5v851gt

antarctica24

Well, folks, here’s a non-update. Tuning is wrapped up. I have an idea of what it makes but can’t verify and I don’t want to make any claims with a vDyno. It feels faster than it’s ever been which could put it north of 425. The car feels amazing, if not scary, and I’m pretty happy with it. I’d load a video of a 4th gear pull but idk how to do that, natively, with Tapatalk, so here’s an Instagram link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIrhRpnH3BI/?igshid=1wjm6x5v851gt

So how does that work? All this time, money and effort, new technology and no offense but your now a human Dyno? It feels like 425? Why don’t you just go to a local dyno and spend 50.00. Not trying to be a troll but You were making under 400 when you left st Louis and Adam found you another 25? Unlikely.