Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Horn discussion

So I bought hella horns to install on my ‘18 since the horn sounded very faint. I had looked up if anyone had the same issue with the stock horn but it seems most folks like the stock horn which surprised me. When I took out the passenger side headlight (like you do), I noticed there is only one horn! The bracket is different then the ones I’ve seen before of pics with the front bumper off.

Did Ford only give one horn on the new fiestas? Seems silly to me. I apologize if this is common knowledge. I didn’t even think to take a picture while I had the headlight out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I bought hella horns to install on my ‘18 since the horn sounded very faint. I had looked up if anyone had the same issue with the stock horn but it seems most folks like the stock horn which surprised me. When I took out the passenger side headlight (like you do), I noticed there is only one horn! The bracket is different then the ones I’ve seen before of pics with the front bumper off.

Did Ford only give one horn on the new fiestas? Seems silly to me. I apologize if this is common knowledge. I didn’t even think to take a picture while I had the headlight out.

Sound CLIP OF NEW HORN MAKING NOISE!

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

It seems that this is the case. I have a 19 and it also only has one horn.

I had one horn in my 2019, one that was distinctly on the weak side. Fixed that when I pulled the front fascia to install a Mountune Induction kit. It's much better now but I am considering adding a 175 db Train Horn and compressor on a delay timer. With the new Mountune airbox there is room under there for a compressor and rather large horn assembly. Figure I'll set the timer to about 2 seconds, long enough to get most folks moving. After that time is up I'll kick in the loud stuff and watch them fill their shorts with brown sludge.

The 2014 has two horns (both look the same on the outside), the 2018 has only one horn. Mounting location height is different. saves weight and money it seems... on the list of stuff they cheapened in the later models, such as the LED light above the glovebox, the accessories inside the glovebox... OK can't think of anymore right now but yes the horn definitely.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
My 15 is definitely a dual tone. My old focus was a wimpy single.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had one horn in my 2019, one that was distinctly on the weak side. Fixed that when I pulled the front fascia to install a Mountune Induction kit. It's much better now but I am considering adding a 175 db Train Horn and compressor on a delay timer. With the new Mountune airbox there is room under there for a compressor and rather large horn assembly. Figure I'll set the timer to about 2 seconds, long enough to get most folks moving. After that time is up I'll kick in the loud stuff and watch them fill their shorts with brown sludge.
I would like to see a DIY of this!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is the 92' Typhoon embroidered headrest seats Vs. the 93' Typhoon Fatman Suburban seats! I'm just gonna ask the 18' & 19' owners if they are single or dual Horn. So in the END I can say I am Hornier than the 18 & 19s! [ridinghorse]

Last edited:
OP
Kyng
Thread Starter #13
The 2014 has two horns (both look the same on the outside), the 2018 has only one horn. Mounting location height is different. saves weight and money it seems... on the list of stuff they cheapened in the later models, such as the LED light above the glovebox, the accessories inside the glovebox... OK can't think of anymore right now but yes the horn definitely.
I had forgot Ford cheapened a lot of things with the ‘18+ models.