Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many are waiting for the Mountune MT215 kit?

Reading the description it says it's endorsed by ford, but mention nothing about being backed by a ford racing warranty. I don't think it saves your warranty any more than cobb at this point. Once it's available directly through ford dealers, then I think it'll be backed by a ford warranty.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Reading the description it says it's endorsed by ford, but mention nothing about being backed by a ford racing warranty. I don't think it saves your warranty any more than cobb at this point. Once it's available directly through ford dealers, then I think it'll be backed by a ford warranty.
OK this is where I got the Warranty bit from Ken At Mountune via the other forum
I wanted to let everyone know that we now have a limited number of MP215 kits in stock in the USA.
With the CARB EO still pending, we have decided to release the kit now based on the number of inquires we have received from those outside of California. Additionally, final details of the Ford supported warranty are in the works and you won't be disappointed
LINKY

OP
Harvick

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
I'm sure their Ford warranty is conditional meaning you can't ever make any tweaks to it or it will void your warranty. Considering we all like to tinker with our cars its not worth the extra cost. What happens after your 3 year warranty runs out, does Mountune continue with their own warranty?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Good question I also saw on the Mountune site they now offer for $149.00 (a dollar less than Freak Tune) a custom tune for your car via data log and email much like any Email tuner only good for 45 days of free upgrade AND not good for Turbo upgrades!! LINKY
Though it says FiST and FoST then only lists the FoST hmmm maybe still in the works is my guess

I'm interested, but pending CARB and other details I can wait. Also, COBB should be close to stage 2 release hopefully so then I can pick between the 2.

Perry

Ken indicated on the "other site" that availability thru Ford/Ford Racing dealers and assurance of Ford warranty coverage was/is about 45-60 days out. Also, as I understand it, the "limited number" of MP215 kits is now zero--meaning that they've sold out their current stock.

While the MP215 is pricey--and $ still ain't growing on trees in my area, anyway--it is a setup designed expressly for the FiST and apparently will keep all warranties in place. That's not to be sneezed at.

I'm considering the MP215 kit, but not until after the autocross season is over at the soonest. Advantages to waiting include the "getting the bugs out" phenomenon as well as a full (and my first) season of autocross in G street vice moving up to STX, where the competition in our region is fierce. (Not saying it's easy in GS, but . . . .) And, of course, there's the whole bit about ensuring the warranty thing is properly sorted out. All said, I'm willing to consider the price fair though on the high side, and waiting, is, well, something we're getting used to.

Still very interested in the MP215 kit. Like others, I am just waiting for the final CARB approval/Ford Racing parts process to sort out. I can definitely wait the 45-60 days estimated for the process to complete. For me, the preservation of the Ford warranty is the key feature of this kit along with respectable hp and torque gains. Otherwise, I would probably not modify the car.

Still very interested in the MP215 kit. Like others, I am just waiting for the final CARB approval/Ford Racing parts process to sort out. I can definitely wait the 45-60 days estimated for the process to complete. For me, the preservation of the Ford warranty is the key feature of this kit along with respectable hp and torque gains. Otherwise, I would probably not modify the car.
In the same boat myself, I also purchased an extended warranty from Ford as well. Since this is my DD and work travel vehicle, I really need a warranty for as long as possible. As much fun as it would be to mod, going to have to wait until this is Ford warranty approved.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Researched heavily and decided to go Cobb anyway; seems like as long as no moving parts are changed out you won't void the warranty... doing something stupid like a blowoff valve (stupid noisemaker and utterly useless on our cars) would void it.

If the pricing was a little bit lower I might be persuaded but there's so many pieces at $200+ per piece it adds up at a much faster rate than any other manufacturer.

so no, I am not waiting for the MP215 kit, have taken my car in for service (I have extended 60k warranty + 60k service plan) at the dealer twice now and no issues yet with Cobb Tune and modified lower airbox and Cobb decals all over the car.

I think you guys are going overboard with the warranty paranoia. As long as you install quality parts, leaving the moving parts alone and don't hackjob or Jerry rig stuff or remove emissions lines, you should be fine.

Kind of curious how the MP215 kit will stack up against other manufacturers here in the US once someone gets the full suite of Mountune parts on a car.

I ordered as part of the limited release. Warranty preservation was my top priority. Also, Mountune is the tenured expert in tuning Ford's hot hatches. I trust that they know their business.

In the end, I bet that no one has a warranty claim denied because of a COBB stage 1 tune. The price premium is more for the piece of mind (and the sweet yellow Mountune badge).

The dealership that I ordered my car from sells Ford Racing parts and they have their own in-house "performance shop" that does Rousch kits and Ford endorsed F-150 "Hammer" packages. I'm hoping the will be one of the first to get the details of the Mountune release.

I think you guys are going overboard with the warranty paranoia.
I work in infosec, i'm always paranoid. [:p]

Although I do agree with you, there's a good chance with just a Cobb there wouldn't be any issues. Right now though, i'm really in a wait an see stage, since you mentioned you were curious to see how the MP215 will stack up. I'm just stocking up cash and hanging back for now. Although I will say that when payday hits, it's really hard not to bite the bullet and order parts.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I work in infosec, i'm always paranoid. [:p]

Although I do agree with you, there's a good chance with just a Cobb there wouldn't be any issues. Right now though, i'm really in a wait an see stage, since you mentioned you were curious to see how the MP215 will stack up. I'm just stocking up cash and hanging back for now. Although I will say that when payday hits, it's really hard not to bite the bullet and order parts.
true. but just realize that your average ford tech is going to be less computer saavy than you and not going to have the tools, time or inclination to hassle with it otherwise unless you're a dick and make yourself a problem - but I get your point

At the same time, it's kind of like the difference between deciding you're going to buy a dress shirt at H&M, Express or Armani. You can spend only a little money, and get a shirt that falls apart immediately at H&M - you did get a shirt, afterall, and it did indeed provide coverage, but how long it will last is a total crapshoot. You have no idea if that shirt will hold up after 3-4 cleanings. Then you've got the option to spend a reasonable amount of money on what you know will be a quality product - we'll say this is Express - imagine Express is like Cobb in this analogy. It's a great choice and you'll have a quality shirt that will last a long time and have good fit and finish and hold up to multiple cleanings. You get a great, quality product that's more than adequate and fits superb, and the pricepoint is a little spendy but attainable... then you've got the option of Armani, which in this analogy, is kinda like Mountune. You are going to spend a lot on what you get, but it's tailored specifically to you and you can expect top notch fit and finish and packaging, but it's going to cost you a much bigger chunk of change, but you've got a more bespoke item overall.

forgive the wonky analogy but I feel like that's the most apt way to describe it.

Like the Express and Armani Dress shirts, Cobb or Mountune parts will be quality products that deliver on the purpose you bought them for - but one has more "gravitas" or dazzle to the name, and you're paying for that extra-edge on quality as well as name recognition.

I suppose the best way of putting it is not everyone can afford the Armani shirt...

and it can be hard to wait for the tailor to finish your Armani shirt when you have a Formal event the next evening.

More power to folks for whom the warranty is not such an issue. I truly respect that. As an attorney, my view is probably a bit more jaded. It is true that under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (and your state probably also has state statutes that offer similar protections) the vendor/car dealership bears the burden of proving that the non-OEM part was the cause of an issue. Ask yourself, though, between the consumer and the dealership, who has the greater access to data and informaton about the car, cause of failures etc. If you are comfortable with that or are mechanically savvy enough to respond to the dealership's information, then i agree it makes sense to go with a reputable company like COBB that may be cheaper than Mountune. For me, the preservation of warranty is worth the additional expense.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
More power to folks for whom the warranty is not such an issue. I truly respect that. As an attorney, my view is probably a bit more jaded. It is true that under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (and your state probably also has state statutes that offer similar protections) the vendor/car dealership bears the burden of proving that the non-OEM part was the cause of an issue. Ask yourself, though, between the consumer and the dealership, who has the greater access to data and informaton about the car, cause of failures etc. If you are comfortable with that or are mechanically savvy enough to respond to the dealership's information, then i agree it makes sense to go with a reputable company like COBB that may be cheaper than Mountune. For me, the preservation of warranty is worth the additional expense.
That's the whole thing - without an outright software engineer from Ford Corporate there is no way the dealer could ever get deep enough into data to find "bread crumbs" of that data, according to Cobb and my realistic expectations of the average ford service tech.