Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

how many north american fiesta st sold?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I found Fiesta numbers, but not specific FiST numbers.

Interesting that they sold more in each of the first 3 years. That's kind of unusual for a car of this type. Not many were sold overall. It makes me wonder about the potential availability of unique parts for the FiST and even things like appropriately sized tires, in say 5-7 years.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I saw those before and also read Ford sales declines after 2016 in the Fiesta. I also seem to remembers an average of about 3500 per year with 2019 being the lowest. So about 21000 total would be a good guess. It shows we have 11,000 members but I am sure many are no longer active and sold the cars. Initial membership was obviously new car buyers, now we have naturally transitioned to many used car buyers. I believe well maintained all years non-modified and 2014-2016 Mountune MP-215's will command a good price in 5-10 years.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thru work I have access to IHS for things like ASTM and AASHTO standards. Unfortunately I do not have access to that Automotive dataset.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I saw those before and also read Ford sales declines after 2016 in the Fiesta. I also seem to remembers an average of about 3500 per year with 2019 being the lowest. So about 21000 total would be a good guess. It shows we have 11,000 members but I am sure many are no longer active and sold the cars. Initial membership was obviously new car buyers, now we have naturally transitioned to many used car buyers. I believe well maintained all years non-modified and 2014-2016 Mountune MP-215's will command a good price in 5-10 years.
Seriously value will not climb on these cars for at least 15 years. It usually plummets before going up. I have watched this happen with many of the cars I was into. It 510ā€™s and 240zā€™s almost 30-40 years before their value really shot up. It took my M3 chassis series pretty much 20 years. 5-10 years is extremely optimistic.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thru work I have access to IHS for things like ASTM and AASHTO standards. Unfortunately I do not have access to that Automotive dataset.
How much would it cost to get access to it? If it's a lot, maybe we could take up a collection.

The American FiST has ended production. The production numbers exist. I'd like to know how many were made, and how many were sold in what countries.

It would just be nice to know, y'know?

Or, maybe someone here knows someone who already has access to that info, and can just get it from them.

Last edited:

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Interesting that they sold more in each of the first 3 years. That's kind of unusual for a car of this type. Not many were sold overall. It makes me wonder about the potential availability of unique parts for the FiST and even things like appropriately sized tires, in say 5-7 years.
Goodyear has zero tires for our car as of this Spring..........dropped the size.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club

Mountune will do nothing for the price lol............ itā€™s just a mod not some rare check off the box option.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mountune will do nothing for the price lol............ itā€™s just a mod not some rare check off the box option.
True, but it was the only tune approved for a limited warranty by Ford until '17, and they sold them on Ford Performance's site, until recently, when they purged their inventory for the FiST.

They tested the crap out of it. It passed CARB. It gave me a significant bump where I wanted it in both the power and torque curves, and it's safe in the long term.

My car is close to stock. It just got the factory special 4 barrel and hood scoop.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
It is the only 50 state legal tune........a true collector will want the most powerful legal FiST. That is what makes it special.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I guess whatever you think. But itā€™s still just a mod imo. I donā€™t believe will be worth much more if any more than a regular clean one. It would be way different if it was mountunes original part and not a part made by Cobb that every other owner added to car anyways.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I guess whatever you think. But itā€™s still just a mod imo. I donā€™t believe will be worth much more if any more than a regular clean one. It would be way different if it was mountunes original part and not a part made by Cobb that every other owner added to car anyways.
"it"? "Every other"? Why would any company build an AP they can buy? Did Cobb do the tune? Did Cobb do the fresh air intake? Did Cobb get it certified with EPA and CARB? NO! Is Cobb street legal in ALL 50 states? NO! Did Ford install and warrant Cobb? NO! People that know cars know a street legal factory tuned car is worth more than one that is not. What "collector" down the road will want a cult car like ours that is not legal to drive? The point being that I will get the money spent on it back in spades from people that care about being legal or live in areas like I do where you are emissions tested. Every day non street legal modded FiST's will be a dime a dozen or a nickel for the ragged out half ass modded ones and will be a different market than collectors looking to own an original. In many places a used car dealer will not touch a modded car as they have to provide by law a car that passes emission inspections even individuals in some places.This means they will be difficult to sell unlike a legal Mountune. Thanks for your opinion we just see it differently.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
How much would it cost to get access to it? If it's a lot, maybe we could take up a collection.

The American FiST has ended production. The production numbers exist. I'd like to know how many were made, and how many were sold in what countries.

It would just be nice to know, y'know?

Or, maybe someone here knows someone who already has access to that info, and can just get it from them.
I have no idea what the cost would be. I doubt the State of Washington (my employer) would be open to the idea of adding a license for that kind of data for little ol' me. From my limited knowledge, data like sales figures & projections can get very expensive indeed.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
"it"? "Every other"? Why would any company build an AP they can buy? Did Cobb do the tune? Did Cobb do the fresh air intake? Did Cobb get it certified with EPA and CARB? NO! Is Cobb street legal in ALL 50 states? NO! Did Ford install and warrant Cobb? NO! People that know cars know a street legal factory tuned car is worth more than one that is not. What "collector" down the road will want a cult car like ours that is not legal to drive? The point being that I will get the money spent on it back in spades from people that care about being legal or live in areas like I do where you are emissions tested. Every day non street legal modded FiST's will be a dime a dozen or a nickel for the ragged out half ass modded ones and will be a different market than collectors looking to own an original. In many places a used car dealer will not touch a modded car as they have to provide by law a car that passes emission inspections even individuals in some places.This means they will be difficult to sell unlike a legal Mountune. Thanks for your opinion we just see it differently.

Yep you got yourself a super rare holy grail lol. Better keep miles super low.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Yep you got yourself a super rare holy grail lol. Better keep miles super low.
No, but I have a car that will hold its value and my grandkids can fight over who gets it, I doubt it will ever leave the family. Even my daughter has one. Keeping miles low defeats the purpose of having it.