Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people think the Fiesta / Fiesta ST will come back to North America one day?

How many people think the Fiesta / Fiesta ST will come back to North America one day?

• Yes in 4-5 years

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Yes in 6-10 years

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Yes but over 10 years

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Never

Votes: 37 52.9%

• Total voters
It might be wishful thinking at the moment, but how many people think the Fiesta / Fiesta ST will come back to North America one day?

I hope so. There are many advantages to owning hatchbacks, and there are so many people getting trucks/SUVs that are too big for what they need and also can’t afford (if someone needs a 96-month loan to pay off a vehicle, they can’t afford it). Something will give eventually, and it can have nothing to do with gas prices.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
If you can't afford it in 60 months you cannot afford it.
I have a financial rule take your household income divide by 3 that is the absolute most maximum you should spend on a vehicle, personally I prefer divide by 4.

Exception to the rule you own your home completely.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ford lost a lot of money on all the warranty work they've had to do with their smaller cars, especially with the FoRS. We won't see those models again here. Not big sellers.

I think they're working on electric cars, and waiting to see where the political winds blow.

Spork1569

Ford lost a lot of money on all the warranty work they've had to do with their smaller cars, especially with the FoRS. We won't see those models again here. Not big sellers.

I think they're working on electric cars, and waiting to see where the political winds blow.
The powershift debacle for the auto focus/fiesta was probably the stake to the heart on small cars as far as Ford was concerned.

They weren't selling well as is and then people were going to want to buy them even less after the class action came to light. Plus all the money spent fixing those cars already made.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The powershift debacle for the auto focus/fiesta was probably the stake to the heart on small cars as far as Ford was concerned.

They weren't selling well as is and then people were going to want to buy them even less after the class action came to light. Plus all the money spent fixing those cars already made.
Yeah. Used Fiestas are dirt cheap.

The good news is that the manuals are reliable. The dual clutch automatics can be, if you know how to drive them. Americans don't.

I would love to find a 1.0 with the 6 speed. A rare car here, but a mileage champion, and better than the base motor.

Great car for your kid.

Last edited:

Spork1569

The good news is that the manuals are reliable. The dual clutch automatics can be, if you know how to drive them. Americans don't.

I would love to find a 1.0 with the 6 speed. A rare car here, but a mileage champion, and better than the base motor.

Great car for your kid.
How are you supposed to drive the dual clutch trannies? GF had a fiesta SEL that started giving her the death rumble before she sold it. She's not an aggressive driver in the least so I'd think her babying would make it last longer.

Mikey456

Yes, I think Ford is done with gas powered small cars. What I can’t figure out is why they have not designed a car like the Chevy Bolt. While not a hot hatch, the Bolt is a great concept. It’s relatively affordable, practical hatch that gets good range. It would be a good city car for the non enthusiasts. I think it’s not too slow either and selling rather well for an electric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Great car for your kid.
I was saying that about the DCT years ago. I had no problems driving my DCT Focus. The 1 liter 5 speed could be a fun cheap car.

Listen up Ford! If you like making money, even a little bit of money. You should release a limited number of the new MK8 Fiesta ST’s to the US market. Forget about the basic economic modals, we just want the ST. These cars should be assembled in your European factory so you don’t have to tool up two factory’s like you did with the USDM ones. Somewhere between 1000-2000 units should do it. I’m sure there are enough enthusiasts that would purchase these, I would.

Do we need to petition or put together a group buy to make this happen?